This Is My Year

This Is My Year

The saying with high expectations and low outcomes.

8
This Is My Year
stoney beck inn

As we are getting closer to finishing the year, I realized something we all tend to do. We look back at the good and the bad that has happened over the span of twelve months, and we decide whether it was a good year or not. Then depending on what we decide we say, "next year will be my year." So when the new year starts, there is this mentality that "this is my year."

However, through social media, I have noticed that this is something said over and over as each year goes by.

We, as people, want everything to be good. We want no bad in our lives. So when bad does come into our lives we automatically put it as a reason why our year is no longer "the year."

Something we must come to understand is that without the bad, there will never be good. The bad and the good balance each other out.

So although our understandings and hopes for the year ahead may change, we can be reassured that there are always lessons and good things that come out of the "not so great."