18 Things I Want My Mama To Know
popular

18 Things I Want My Mama To Know

You really are my best friend.

23509
18 Things I Want My Mama To Know
Be Still Photography

I’ve always had an amazing, close relationship with my mother (with both of my parents, actually, but my dad’s not a sappy guy). Even though the parameters of that relationship have changed since I’ve grown and gone to college, it’s now that I love and appreciate her more than ever, and I need her to know that, and so much else. So, Mom, here are the things that I may not say outright, but I think and feel every day.

1. Nothing brings me more peace and comfort than knowing I always have you in my corner.

2. I’m endlessly grateful for the time you pushed me out of the car at the junior high dance, and for every time since that you’ve pushed me out of my comfort zone.

3. Thank you for passing down to me your love of books, writing and words. They’ve become some of my greatest loves.

4. Your patience amazes me. You kept your composure through all of the crap my sister and I pulled as kids, and I hope to give the same grace to my own children one day.

5. You don’t need to worry about me, but I appreciate that you do.

6. I’ll never forget the one time I said I hated you. It still hurts me, and I hope more than anything that you didn’t believe me for a second.

7. The second best compliment anyone’s ever given me is that I look like you, because you really are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.

8. The first is that I am like you, because you’re the most incredible person I’ve ever known.

9. Even though I don’t need you to take care of me every day anymore, you’ll always be the first person I call.

10. I’m terrified of losing you someday. I can’t even fathom it.

11. Thank you for always being proud of me.

12. But I don’t always deserve for you to be proud of me.

13. I’m so proud of you, too. Proud of how amazing you are at what you do, proud that I’m part you, and proud that I can claim you as mine.

14. You really are my best friend.

15. I’m not as good a person as you are, but I hope to be one day...even though I realize what a lofty aspiration that is.

16. So many of my best memories are with you.

17. So many of my best qualities were passed down from you.

18. No matter where I go or what I do, so much of my heart is, and always will be, yours.