=

16 'Golden Girls' Quotes That Are Still Golden In 2019

Blanche, Dorothy, Rose, and Sophia..four unique middle aged women from different backgrounds under one roof.

3177

One of the greatest shows of all time (at least in my opinion) is Golden Girls. I was not born yet when it first aired in 1985, but thankfully it is on Hulu. Here are just some of the many quotes from the series's seven-year run.

1. "Crying is for plain women. Pretty women go shopping." — Blanche Devereaux

2. "Go to sleep sweetheart. Pray for brains." — Dorothy Zbornak

3. "Dorothy, was Sophia naked just now, or does her dress really need ironing." — Rose Nylund

4. "People waste their time pondering whether a glass if half empty of half full. Me, I just drink whatever's in the glass." — Sophia Petrillo

5. "I've been having a good time, and there wasn't even a man in the room." —Blanche Devereaux

6. "As they say in St. Olaf, Helgenbargenflergenflurfennerfen." — Rose Nylund

7. "Have I given you any indication that I care?" — Sophia Petrillo

8. "I'm as jumpy as a virgin in a prison rodeo." — Blanche Devereaux

9. "Blanche, I could get herpes listening to this story." — Dorothy Zbornak

10.  "I had a knack for coming up with the firmest, most appealing yams." — Rose Nylund

11.  "No, I will not have a nice day!" — Dorothy Zbornak

12.  "Look, you didn't ask for my opinion, but I'm old, so I'm giving it anyway." — Sophia Petrillo

13.  "There is a fine line between having a good time and being a wanton slut. My toe has been on that line." — Blanche Devereaux

14.  "You'll have to excuse my mother. She suffered a slight stroke a few years ago which rendered her totally annoying."  — Dorothy Zbornak

15.  "Everybody likes me."  — Rose Nylund

16.  "Silly rabbi. Tricks are for kids."  — Sophia Petrillo