10 Things All Twenty-Something Women Know
Life Stages

Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Always The Answer, And 9 Other Things All Twenty-Something Women Know To Be True

We might not have learned these things in school, but they're definitely facts.

159
Corrine Harding

Being a twenty-something woman you learn a lot of things, especially out of the classroom. There are some universal knowledge and girl code that makes the world go round. Here are 10 things all twenty-something women know to be true.

The buddy system is still a thing 

Buddy System

Going out with friends or going to the bathroom, having a buddy (or two) can always make things more fun and safe. Having someone there to watch your back is always a necessity. Holding hands and an elastic band are not required.

Naps aren't just for kids 

Afternoon Nap

Look, you can keep your hot yoga and kale smoothies, a real way to energize yourself is to take a power nap to help beat the midday slump. We may have hated nap time when we were younger, but we are much wiser now.

Dressing room mirrors aren't your friends

Dressing Room

With the mixture of the horrible lighting, the lady working at the store asking if you're okay, and the fact that everything is literally a crop top now makes shopping for clothes a nightmare. If you are on the fence about the clothes, buy them and try them on in the comfort of your own home. Most stores have return policies, and you won't have to feel claustrophobic while squeezing yourself into jeans.

So you need to bring an honest friend with you when shopping 

Get In Loser

If you decide to face the dressing room mirror, don't go alone. Bringing a trusted friend, whether your mom or your college BFF, will bring honesty about what looks nice on you without making you turn into a pile of puddles.

You don't need to spend an arm and a leg to look good 

Looking Good

You can splurge from time to time, but clothes will fade, stain, and rip whether they are $10 or $10,000. You need to decide what is worth the bigger price tag and what is something you can find at Target that looks just as great for the fraction of the price. The designer name doesn't always make it worth it.

Chocolate chip cookies are always the answer 

Cookie Monster

It doesn't depend on the type of cookie, sugar, Oreo, chocolate chip, or any other kind, cookies can solve your problems no matter how big or small. They can soothe a broken heart, a rough day at work, or you're just not feeling the day.

Everyone is at different stages in their lives, and it is okay if you're not at the same one 

Everything Will Be Okay

In your twenties, there is this awkward period where it seems like everyone is getting engaged or having babies or landing their dream job right out of college. On the flip side, there are people are still partying like they're teenagers and living at home with their parents. No matter what stage you're in, it's okay. It is YOUR life and YOUR story, and we all take life at a different pace.

The right people in your life will stand out, and those are the ones you keep 

Group Hug

This can be tricky, but getting older means finding the people who make you better each day. They bring you joy and strength because you can't do life all on your own. Your value is worth the price of gold and then some, so don't waste your time on mediocre people who make you feel lesser than.

Most of the time, we don't know what we're doing 

Help Me

A comforting but also terrifying reality is that literally no one seems to know what they're doing. We're all flying by the seat of our pants and hope it all works out in the end. Ask for help and learn from your mistakes because that's what life is all about.

Dance like no one is watching 

That's My Jam

On the dance floor or just speaking figuratively, enjoy yourself and have fun. Life is too short to be scared of being yourself. Do the sprinkler and live with no regrets, you're older self will thank you.

Being in your twenties is a fun, exciting, and terrifying time, but the thing is that we are all in this together. Embrace the curveballs that life will throw at you, and if you strike out, eat a cookie and try again later. Our twenties is the time to make mistakes, grow up even more, and find out who we truly are every chance we get.