15 Things You Need to Say to Your Best Friends

Because they need to hear how much they mean to you.

250
Jayden Taylor Cartelli

I have met some of the most amazing people over the past few months of school, in addition to my already fabulous friends I have from home. These friends collectively have all kept me afloat in countless ways, and I have so many thanks to give. Here are a few things you need to say to your best friends (if you haven't already, of course).

1. Thank you for keeping me sane. A very basic thank you, a thank you all of us have surely needed to say. I cannot express how many nights my roommates and besties have broken me away from my homework to go get McDonald's, or watch a comedy skit, or something in order to get my brain to cool off.

2. Thank you for never letting me eat alone. If I want to go eat, and you already have, you always offer to come with me. Thank you.

3. Thank you for listening to me rant... and rant...

4. And thank you for ranting with me.

5. Thank you for accepting my quirks. Whether it is my loud laugh, obnoxious jokes, or the fact that sometimes I am just plain weird, thank you for accepting me for who I am.

6. Thank you for being honest with me. Lying is such a weird thing to do to your friends, and I am grateful to have honest relationships with every single one of you.

7. Thank you for making me smile when I am sad, for wiping my tears, and for giving me a big hug. There have been points in everyone's lives that you need that best friend hug and sympathy smile. Thank you for being willing to give it all.

8. Thank you for helping me with my homework. Whether it's chemistry, a research paper, or anything in between, I know you all have my back.

9. Thank you for netflixing with me. You know that Saturdays are spent laying in bed, eating, and watching Netflix. We keep these plans always, and I am so glad to have this time with you all.

10. Thank you for visiting me or texting me to check in. Life gets pretty crazy sometimes, and I just so happen to not always get to spend the weekend with my friends at home. So, thank you for always making sure I ate lunch, or coming to visit my beautiful city and meet my school friends.

11. Thank you for being open.

12. Thank you for exploring and adventuring with me.

13. Thank you for always saying 'Goodbye' when we have to part ways. Taking a few minutes out of your day just to say goodbye to me really has made me feel appreciated and loved. Thank you.

14. Thank you for staying up late with me when I can't sleep.

15. Thank you for always being open.

I love each and every one of you so much. Thank you.