Last Thursday my sister had a Tonsillectomy. Yeah, she gets to eat all the ice cream she wants. Well sorry to tell you this is a myth.
For 5 days it's water and pudding. Well, Tuesday comes around and an arterial bleed. This is rare as the surgeon said this only happens to about 1.2% of people. After fixing that problem, the clock starts again for her meaning barely any food for another 5 days.
Then I began to wonder what I could get her. Although she likes steak I know she just can't get up and eat a ribeye. So after wandering the store for what seemed like an hour here is what I can up with.
1. A Card
I tend to go for the humorous ones, or the ones that sing when you open it. Those can brighten there days just a bit.
Having something to hold or squeeze when you're in pain always helps.
3. Coloring Books
Since she can't eat thought this could keep her mind busy for a bit.
Since they have plenty of time just think about how many they could finish.
They seem a little more exciting then pudding but I'm sure by the time she eats she will be tired of them
Well she just can't LET IT GO. Disney makes everything better and magical.
7. Concert Tickets
Just remember mom promised you this one in the ER. Last time I was in the ER all I got was a damn McDonald's Milkshake. So make her get me one too.
8. A Warm Blanket
I know you've been a couch-potato lately but no one likes a cold potato so stay warm.
9. A Glass of Ice Water
If you're visiting don't make them get up.
Whats the point of getting dressed if your not going to leave the house? At least put some clean PJ's on.
Brighten their day with bright colors.
Don't text or call and just let them sleep. You know they need it.
- Seeing My Mom In The Hospital Put My Life Into Perspective ›
- An Open Letter To The Friend Who Has Been Through Too Much ›
- Nobody Told Me How Depressed I Would Be After Surgery ›
- These Are The 5 Most Important Things To Do After You Get Your ... ›
- Yes, Getting Plastic Surgery To Improve Your Self-Esteem Is OK ›
- 4 Things You Will Only Know After Surgery ›
- 11 Things You Should Do For Someone Who Just Had Surgery ›
- 3 Ways to Support a Friend After Surgery - wikiHow ›
- Best and Worst Gifts for a Hospital Patient ›
- Best Post Surgery Recovery Gifts That Are Practical And Useful ›
- 50 Thoughtful Gift Ideas & Gestures for a Friend in Need - Pretty ... ›
- 26 Things to Put in Get Well Gift Baskets | Earning and Saving with ... ›
- 15 Gifts and Ideas to Help a Patient Recover After Surgery ›
- The 25 Best Gifts for Surgery Recovery 2019 ›