These Are The 5 Most Important Things To Do After You Get Your Wisdom Teeth Removed

2. Follow the Doctor's Orders

851
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/21/6364947938400207531735387963_IMG_4400.JPG

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of getting all four of my wisdom teeth out. Wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars that most people get in their late teens or early twenties. Although these teeth can be a positive asset to the mouth when healthy and properly aligned, they are often misaligned and require removal.

Post-wisdom teeth removal procedure and recovery are different for everyone. However, these words of wisdom will help make your future wisdom teeth experience better.

1. Trust Your Body

Sometimes the after-effects of oral surgery are quite minimal, so common sense will often dictate what you should do, especially with regard to your diet. The first day is typically characterized by a liquid or pureed diet. However, after the first day it is up to your discretion about what you eat. If something does not feel right in your mouth, chances are you are pushing your limits. Trust your body when making decisions post-surgery.

2. Follow the Doctor's Orders

After the surgery, the oral surgeon will provide you with an extensive list of do's and don't's. This list entails what you can and cannot eat, the types of medicines to take and when to take them, how to prevent infections, and the healing process. Relying on the doctor's guidelines will ensure a smooth and easy recovery.

3. Stay Hygienic

In order to prevent infections, it is important to make the effort to stay hygienic. Make the effort to brush your teeth within the bounds of comfort. Additionally, salt water rinses after meals help to keep your mouth clean after surgery. Keeping your mouth clean is essential and will definitely limit your chances of infections and increase your chances of a speedy recovery.

4. Find a Show to Binge Watch

Swelling and pain are often associated with oral surgery, so you will be spending a few days at home after the removal. Therefore, starting a new show or catching up on an old one will make the healing process go by quickly. This time is bed is the perfect excuse you need to watch aggressively watch Netflix without any judgment.

5. Find Someone to Take Videos

Prior to surgery, an anesthesiologist administers anesthesia, a medicine that puts a patient in an induced loss of sensation or awareness. After surgery is characterized by complete and utter loopy-ness. Do yourself a favor and make sure a family member records you in this prime time of unfiltered dialogue, as the anesthesia is still working. Once the anesthesia wears off, these videos will make for great laughs and memories.

All in all, while the wisdom teeth recovery is irritating and somewhat characterized by pain, the words of wisdom above will ensure a smoother and more pleasant recovery.