Things To Appreciate From Home

Things To Appreciate From Home

It's not too bad after all.

12
Things To Appreciate From Home
purpletrail.com

Ahh. You have finally made it through finals week, and now you are home sweet home. Although you miss your friends from school, you know you'll see them again soon, so for now, you enjoy the (many) comforts of home.

1. Not having to wear shoes to shower.

You can finally relax and enjoy the showering experience because you will no longer be questioning whose hair is in the drain. You won't be on edge because you won't have to fear that your foot will slip, touching the germ infested floor. And you can return to belting out your favorite tunes without others judging you.

2. Food.

Nothing beats a home-cooked meal... even if it is you who does the cooking. You can make what you want, when you want, and eat as much as you want. Plus, your digestive system will have time to recuperate from the school food.

3. You can watch TV without feeling guilty.

While I probably watch more TV at school than I do at home, when I watch it a home I do it with a clean conscious. I don't secretly scold myself for watching TV when I should be doing homework or studying... because I have no homework or studying to do *sigh of relief*. Plus you don't have to worry about disturbing your roommate.

4. Animals.

You are finally reunited with your favorite pet(s). And to be honest... they're probably the biggest reason why you went home instead of some exotic place for vacation with friends.

5. Your own bed.

There is nothing like finally being able to sleep in your own bed, in your own room. Most likely, it is bigger than the one you have in the dorm... and a lot more comfortable.

6. Your family.

I couldn't not mention them. They've supported you these past few months, and have most likely helped you through some sticky situations. Your parents have raised you (hopefully) to be a responsible adult, and have prepared you for life... and college. Being away from your parents and siblings has given you a new appreciation for them, so it's good to be home.