Things That Need To Stay In 2015

Things That Need To Stay In 2015

New year, new sensible trends.

31
Things That Need To Stay In 2015
CrossCards

Things That Need To Stay In 2015

When the year draws to a close and the new year is approaching, many people make resolutions to start doing new things or leave old things behind when the new year begins. Many, however, do not stick to their resolutions and bring the foolishness of the past year into the new year. Here are a few things that definitely need to be left in the old year.

1. Terrible Eyebrows

Please. Stop. If you don’t know how to do your eyebrows properly, please ask someone who does to help you out.

I'm sorry, but this mess is not cute. At all.

2. Hoverboards

First of all, they don’t even actually hover, so the name makes no sense at all. Second, they are not meant to be ridden indoors. Or in elevators. Please and thank you.

3. Horrid Grammar

Your parents put you through school for a reason. Know the difference between "your" and "you're," “than,” and “then,” “there,” and “their,” “to” and “too,” “affect” and “effect.” There are several more, too many to name all at once.

4. Donald Trump

He should’ve stuck to being a reality TV star. Insulting some of the same people who helped build this country up and severing ties with some of our most important foreign allies is no way to “make America great again.” And in all seriousness, the man looks like a sour orange whose entire ancestry has been insulted.

5. #AllLivesMatter

That is a given, so please don’t try to make it into something that it is not. Yes, all lives matter, but black lives are in danger and instead of trying to make it seem like black people are trying to make themselves out to be more important than you, why not support the cause? Use your voice and speak out against the injustice that is taking place.

6. Fake Man Buns

Seriously? Who invented these things? Man buns are sexy, there’s no denying that. However, they're not for everyone and they only work on men who have long enough hair to pull it off. If your hair isn’t long enough, then don’t try to force it. Please. For your sake and ours. And man buns for women? They’re called MAN buns for a reason.

All natural, all sexy. Not natural, not sexy.

Please guys, it's not that serious.

7. Meninist

Why is that even a word? Males already have the upper hand in this very biased world. If women are calling for equal rights, don’t say it’s unfair and then try to do the same. You’re making it even more unfair to us ladies.

8. Outrageous Nails

In all honestly, those things are just hideous, extremely undesirable wastes of time. Who came up with them anyway? How do you function with them on your fingers?

9. Overlining

For those of you who don’t know what that is, good for you. If you do do that, please stop. I understand the purpose is to make your lips look a little fuller, but you look like Miranda Sings (who is fabulous by the way, but that's besides the point). It just looks really messy, no matter how clean your line is.

10. 13 Year Old Girls Who Look 30

Not literally 13 year old girls, but you know what I mean. I admire your makeup skills because I cannot do half of that for the life of me, but please stop. If you're not ready to take on adult responsibilities and face the consequences that come with looking older, then stop doing adult things and trying to look like one. At your age you should be worried about what you got on your essay and trying to get rid of pimples, not worrying about how your eyebrows look or trying to chisel your face. Please, enjoy your adolescence. It ends much sooner than you think.

Don't end up like her.

11. Body Shaming

This topic is surprisingly prominent in a time where women talk about “sticking together” and “having each other’s backs.” Whether you’re naturally super skinny or thick, or you have an eating disorder, at the end of the day you’re still a woman and your body is still yours. With songs like “All About That Bass” and “Anaconda” circulating radio stations and the internet, it is easy to see how skinnier women would start to feel defensive. Keep in mind, however, that for centuries and even still today, bigger women have been considered undesirable. Instead of trying to defend your body type, compliment your fellow woman. You don’t know how much she might need it.

If you feel like I left anything out of this list, please feel free to comment it.