Things To Do That Don't Involve Your Cellphone

Those pesky little apple devices

203
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/02/04/636218404428617741846882634_afab7c75b310dfa820239b233f456ff8_phones-vs-laptops-in-class-silence-cell-phone-clipart_1921-1921.jpeg

Read a book

When was the last time you read a book for yourself? I mean REALLY read it, not just spark noted it to pass Ms. Fleming’s English class. It doesn’t have to be a certain kind! In fact, those celebrity autobiographies are particularly entertaining (I recommend Mindy Kaling’s or Amy Poehler’s). Plus, reading is the best workout possible for your brain. Take that, texting!

If you need more convincing, check out this article. http://examinedexistence.com/does-reading-make-you-smarter/

Write a little

Again. Writing an essay for class doesn’t count, haha. Keep a journal and write about random shit throughout the day! I’m pretty sure I had an entry strictly about food… may have been multiple entries… but who’s counting. But that’s the fun thing about writing! It can be anything! Your poetry doesn’t have to fit certain criteria and your short stories don’t need to have a specific word count. Just share your voice:)

Take pictures with friends

For some reason, everyone has at least one friend who is into photography. Go on an adventure and document it, suns the snapchat!

Go to a new restaurant

I’m such a foodie, so anytime there is a restaurant I haven’t yet tried, I will be on that before you can say “hungry?”. It’s a great time to get a group together and talk about all the stupid and not so stupid things in life(aka Donald Trump but also like that amazing quesarito you just had yesterday).

Coffee. Shops.

Great place to get homework done. You can always make new friends. AND they have great music. Oh yes, and the coffee.

Get inspired

Whatever that means for you! See a show, go to an art museum, a science museum, talk to someone you admire.

Do something that scares you

Only you know what this is. Breathe, and go to the edge of the cliff. But please don’t actually jump off of a cliff, like you do you but that stuff is scary.

Real talk. Recently, I have noticed that many people have been feeling disconnected from the world, lonely, and sad. I know that it is very normal for human beans to go through funks, but they all have one thing in common… they feel they are attached to their phone. The internet and cellphones are great, don’t get me wrong, but when we start to look for validation in things like social media and dating apps, we lose touch not only with ourselves, but with the real world. We become isolated, which is not healthy for a human being unless your favorite friends happen to be bouncy balls with faces drawn on them. You have the power to make yourself happy. You have the power to achieve your dreams. And a full, wonderful life outside of a screen, is a life worth living.

Because you are worth it, my dear.