7 Things You Should Not Judge Me For

7 Things You Should Not Judge Me For

I'm not like everyone else, but I'm not here for judgment.

87
7 Things You Should Not Judge Me For

We always hear how we need to celebrate our differences because it is those differences that make us unique. Part of that uniqueness comes from the different aspects of our lives and how we experience our lives.

I am me. I am not anyone else. The life I lead every day is different from the life someone else may lead. I do not enjoy being judged for how different my life is compared to other people's, whether that may be from other women, other people of my race, or people of a differing race.

I know I notice what other people have or are doing that I am not. I definitely do not need other people to come up and tell me what I already know. This is not something that happens a lot, but it happens enough that I feel people need to rethink their own priorities. These people need to focus on themselves, especially because I do not care about what they have to say and neither should you.

Do NOT judge me:

For not drinking alcohol

I am Muslim. That's my religion. Recently, I've been leaning more towards Muslim-ish, but I still dedicate myself to sticking to my personal beliefs as a Muslim woman in America. I do not drink alcohol, socially or recreationally.

For not being about that DTF life

It's fine if you want to have a ton of sex, but that's just not me. I am more interested in getting my life together so that eventually I can have a family to take care of without worrying about how I'll do it. Men, I am not DTF. Sorry not sorry.

For not having a driver's licenseĀ 

I have a permit, but no license. It is more of a time issue than anything else, but I get sick of hearing about people talking down to me because they are driving me around or because they think I need a car to fit into their own idea of what someone should own.

For not having a car

No license, no car. I get so much criticism from my peers and my family members about not having my own car. It does suck not being able to get around on your own especially while in college, but I make things work. I find ways to get around. I use ride-sharing services a lot, but there are services like college-sponsored shuttles to get around town. You paid tuition, so why not use the shuttle service and save money while attending classes?

For caring about other people (especially when I don't know them)

I am an empath. I feel other people's feelings very strongly. It has its good and bad moments. Of course, when it backfires, being an empath goes very badly.

I sometimes get myself involved in other people's business with the best of intentions. But I get that others don't want to get other people involved in their stuff. I know I don't sometimes. Why I feel the need to help other so much, I don't know. I just do, and I don't wanna hear about it.

For graduating in 5 years

The average time it takes to graduate from undergrad is 4.5 years. I took an extra semester. I did transfer schools, and got an associate's and a bachelor's degree in the process. I'm not in my adult career yet, but I am building my own path to success and leading a happy life. Why does it matter to you how long or how I got to where I am now?

For not living up to your expectations

A personal quality of mine is that I am not too fond of is the tendency to care too much about what others think of me. I'm done changing to fit in. I am ready to live my life out loud and as my best self.

I don't want to worry or care about what anyone else thinks. I don't care what your expectations are for my life, because it's my life and I'll lead it the way I want to. Screw expectations. They mess things up.