The Best Things To Listen To While Studying

Because everyone needs some great study music in their life

651
Screenshot of this playlist in the Spotify program

Have you ever gotten angry at people in the library because you really need to study for your upcoming test but the people next to you just won't shut up? And then you try to listen to music to drown them out but end up getting just as distracted by what you were listening to as you were by the people talking? It's the worst, isn't it? But there are some songs that are nearly impossible to get distracted by because they make such great background music, and I'm here to tell you about all of them.

The "Intense Studying" Playlist on Spotify

This playlist is seriously the best. It plays nothing but the best, most relaxing classical music and is perfect for easy listening while you study. Even better, the first piece on the playlist is possibly the best song Debussy ever wrote for the piano, so it's really a win-win.

"The Best of Rossini" on Youtube

I just learned about this Youtube video while studying for the GMAT this past weekend, but it really is the best. This video is 53 and a half minutes of the best orchestral music written by Rossini, an 18th, and 19th-century Italian composer. It's one of the best things I've ever found to listen to (of course I don't find it until the spring of my senior year...) because all the pieces are just similar enough to not be distracting but different enough that they don't get boring. It's truly fantastic. Plus, do you know the Bugs Bunny song? It's Rossini, and it's on this video!

"The Best of Classical Music - Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Chopin..." on Youtube

Again, this is a compilation of great, relaxing classical music that will keep you going the entire time you need to study. It starts off with a Beethoven favorite, "Moonlight Sonata," and just gets better from there. This is a great video for long study sessions because it's over three hours of music without repeats, and only has minimal commercials (Youtube breaks it up a few times since it's so long). Definitely, check this one out

"The Calm of Einaudi" on Spotify

The Calm of Einaudi, played by Ludovico Einaudi, is another one of my favorites, largely because the first song on the playlist is among my favorite relaxing piano songs ever, both to play and to listen to. It's really one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, and the rest of his music is just as great. Definitely, check this playlist out if you're into strictly piano music like I am.

Bonus track: Go listen to this amazing piano cover of the "Game of Thrones" theme (on an admittedly horrible piano). Isn't it the coolest? If you search this guy on iTunes you can buy this track with an instrumental background (and without the mistakes), and it's even better.