10 Things Insomniacs Are Tired Of Hearing

Get out of the way, I need my coffee.

141
Photo by Molly Champion from Pexels

At some point, we've all experienced a sleepless night. Painfully attempting to quit tossing and turning can get you to fall asleep. Although you've probably experienced this a couple of times in your life, insomnia is something a little different. If you've ever been offered the pieces of advice or told any of the statements below, you might just be in the ranks of those who suffer from insomnia.

1. "You should try to go to bed earlier."

Well, first of all, it's not that easy, trust me if we could we would. Even if we do go to bed early just means we're gonna wake even sooner.

2. "You sleep a lot."

Sorry to bother you with my sleeping, but on nights insomnia hits hard and I have to work the next morning I am going to nap. So, please do not disturb.

3. "You look exhausted."

Well thank you. Sorry they don't make good enough make-up to hide the craters under my eyes.

4. "Maybe lay off caffeine."

DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE. Caffeine is the batteries of an insomniacs life. When we need a charge, you better part ways because if we can't reach the caffeine you will get hurt.

5. "I've heard lavender works wonders."

You're wrong. As much as I spend on aromatherapy from Bath & Body, all it does is make you smell good.

6. "Just get really drunk and you'll fall asleep instantly."

That's not even healthy. Seems more like a night of regrets. Although you probably passed out, only God knows the photos your friends took during that time and it will haunt you forever. So no thank you.

7. "Have you tired Melatonin?"

We probably have a list of different brands and strengths that don't work. Then when we take the gummies we swallow the whole bottle like it's candy.

8. "Have you tried *medication name*?"

Are you a doctor? You are not my doctor so please don't give me medical advice.

9. "Have you tried working out?'

If anything this will make things worse because working out makes you sweaty and then you have to shower which will make you wide awake.

10. "I fall asleep at the drop of a hat."

Well sorry not everyone was crafted by the gods. Satan must have been like I'm gonna test this one and make her sleep hell.