As It Turns Out, There ARE Benefits To Insomnia

Open your eyes to the fun of late-night living!

527
Emma Glasgow

Do you ever find yourself up at night when you should be sleeping? Do you toss and turn for hours while your brain moves at lightning speed? Are there nights where you find yourself up at 4 a.m., begging your mind to settle down? If you do, then you may suffer from insomnia.

OK, that was a little bit of a no-brainer. As a chronic sufferer of insomnia, I know that there are many others out there who suffer just like me. (About 30% of the population, if we want to get specific.)

But this isn’t going to be an article about the woes of insomnia. We already know what those are! Instead, I’m here to open your eyes to the benefits of being an insomniac. If you think I’m pulling your leg, just read on and see what I mean.

Many people say that nighttime is the best time to recharge your batteries so you can have the energy to tackle huge problems the next day. But when your batteries still have a decent charge going late into the night, it doesn’t make much sense to let them fuel back up and leave tomorrow’s tasks waiting to be done.

With insomnia by your side, you can complete any task at an unorthodox time. Get a head start on binge-watching that show your friends love, watch a movie you’ve been dying to see, or begin writing the potential novel you just got an idea for! The possibilities are endless! You can even clean if you want to, but it’s not important if you do.

Being a creature of the night allows you to see the world from a new perspective. If you go for a walk in your neighborhood during the day, you’ll see how it functions. There will be cute families out in their yards, dogs barking, strange people walking past you, or even the occasional car driving by with loud music playing. If you decided to go for a walk at two in the morning, you will see a fairly silent neighborhood, unless you’re in the city, in which case you get the same loud noises you heard during the day, but now you’re hearing them at night! It allows you to see how the same characteristics about where you live from a new, potentially annoying light.

Now the sun is rising, and maybe your mind is finally settling down, or maybe it’s still going as fast as before. Regardless of when your batteries need a recharge, you can just lie down and let them charge up until you need to go out and do things! If you have work in the morning, then you can make coffee your friend and learn about the beauty of naps.

The best part about insomnia is that it doesn’t necessarily disappear after one night of restlessness. For many people, it’s chronic and doesn’t go away so easily, meaning that many of us are able to experience the benefits of insomnia every night of our lives! Aren’t we lucky?

If you’re reading this and are curious to all of the benefits insomnia can have on your life, then you’re in luck! With perseverance and determination by your side, you too can become an insomniac! Just throw away all of your sanity and sell your soul to the Man in the Moon!