Things I'd Rather Do Than Talk About Politics At Thanksgiving

A list of annoying, boring things I'd rather do than have a discussion about politics at the dinner table this Thanksgiving.
14

Every family does it and there's always at least one person who dreads that conversation. In my family, I am that person. Mostly because I just don't have the patience and no one will let it alone when I was clearly over the conversation ten minutes ago. So, this week I've decided to list ten things I'd rather do than talk about politics at Thanksgiving dinner.

1. Running A 5K

Don't get me wrong, I like exercising. Running on the other hand, no thank you. But if you made me choose between running a 5K and arguing over Donald or Hillary I would lace up my shoes in a heart beat.

2. Be Locked In A Room With Multiple Clowns

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I have had an overwhelming fear of clowns since the fourth grade when one tried to sit on my lap during a cake walk (I don't want to talk about it). They're scary, cheerful, and apparently as of this year murderous. But I would gladly be locked in a room with a thousand of those damn things than talk about the election results.

3. Walk On A Floor Made Entirely Of Legos

No explanation necessary. Those things hurt like hell.

4. Wait Two Years For The Next Season Of Orange Is The New Black

I literally finished the entire season within 24 hours. Do not test my patience when it comes to waiting for Piper to get her life together. I would wait forever if it meant avoiding talking about who everyone voted for this year.

5. Do An Entire Semesters Worth Of Homework

Chapter Quizzes, Knowledge Assessments, Test Outs, Reviews, etc. You name it and I'll do it as long as you promise me my family won't start World War III over the election results.

6. Be Stuck In One Of Ronda Rousey's Armbars

The woman is like...scary good at them. Break your arm good. So, basically, I'd rather have my arm broken than talk about how the government and economy will improve now that Donald Trump is the new president elect. I. Do. Not. Care.

7. Read The Dictionary Cover To Cover

Like my girl Harley here, as long as I have a nice cup of tea and a dictionary I will sit in one place all day and read it cover to cover if it means I'm allowed to skip out on all the "fun" talks about how the economy has gone to hell since Obama took over.

8. Only Listen To One Song For The Rest Of My Life

Again, anyone who knows me knows that music is something I'm very passionate about. So the fact that I'm offering to give up all of the songs on my iPhone, Pandora, Spotify, etc. means a lot. And in case you're wondering, the one song I'd listen to for the rest of my life would be Skyscraper by Demi Lovato.

9. Never Go Shopping Again

I'm a girl, I need to shop like I need to breathe. But I would gladly give it up for a peaceful, non-political Thanksgiving dinner.

10. Literally Anything Else

I would literally rather do anything than talk about Obama, Trump, or Clinton during the holidays. They are supposed to be a time filled with cheer.