10 Common Phrases Found In Guys' Online Dating Bios

Don't even get me started on the "holding fish" pictures.

272

When it comes to online dating, people try to stand out. They want to be witty, appealing, and original.

However, if you swipe enough times, you realize that most guys put the same things (or different renditions of the same things) in their online dating bios. There's nothing wrong with these things, and I'm sure there are common phrases used in girls' bios as well. These are just a few common phrases my friends and I have seen on several different occasions.

NOTE: This is all in good fun, I am not trying to look down on any of these phrases or anyone that uses them.

1. "Always down for a hike"

When did hiking become a thing? Why is everyone suddenly into hiking? Hiking takes a lot of energy. What happened to Netflix and chill??

2. "I hope you like bad boys cause I'm bad at everything"

Well that's not very confident, now, is it?

3. *Insert "The Office" quote here*

I love "The Office" just as much as anyone, but the "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" quote is getting kinda old, don't you think?

4. "I'm 5'11 but on Tinder I'm 6 foot"

We love a Lil Dicky reference, but a majority of the guys that use this line have zero interest in pillow talk sooo.

5. Their height

This one I actually appreciate. Yes fellas, your height does matter. #sorrynotsorry

6. "420 friendly"

Or "always down to *insert leaf emoji* and chill," or just a bunch of leaf, wind, and fire emojis together. We get it, you like leaves, fire, and wind. Big nature guy.

7. *Insert Spongebob quote here*

Again, I'm a huge "Spongebob" fan, so I know there are hundreds of good quotes. But y'all wanna keep asking if mayonnaise is an instrument. Put Bubble Bass's entire Krabby patty order in there, then maybe I'll swipe right.

8. *Insert zodiac sign here*

I know this is a big thing when it comes to dating, but I just have yet to meet someone who actually dates by their zodiac sign.

9. "No that's not my kid"

This is common when guys have photos of them holding a baby or small child. I think most people appreciate the clarification that you do not, in fact, have a kid. But if you're like me and find babies and little kids absolutely adorable, this sentence comes off as a disappointment.

10. "Here for a good time not a long time"

The best for last. If I had a dime every time I saw this in someone's Tinder bio...Is this code for you're not looking for anything serious? We get it, Brad. You don't want a relationship.