I started working right before I entered college and I have not stopped since. I'm the oldest of three girls, my sister is also in school, and my youngest sister has very expensive hobbies. I've always needed to work to help support myself and take some financial pressure off of my parents. I don't regret having to work through college. It's taught me a lot about myself, my leadership skills and style, how to work in a team, and most importantly, how to deal with every type of person. Sure, there are times when I wished I was born into extensive wealth, but I wouldn't change my experience for anything in the world.

If you also have had to work yourself through school, you've probably found yourself in any and all of the situations before.

1. You don't go out a lot because you're usually either working or sleeping on weekends.

2. You keep a meticulous calendar so you can assure you don't lose your head and you remember all of your obligations.

3. You've been able to expand and diversify your circle of friends, especially if you work off-campus.

4. You have your own little "Direct Deposit Day" dance.

5. You've experienced the "Am I always going to be this broke?" breakdown at least once every other week.

6. Your blood has more coffee in it than anything else.

7. You have very little patience for arrogance, disrespect, and stupidity at school and in your personal life since you deal with rude and impatient customers all the time.

8. You are more patient and kind to everyone, especially fellow food service and retail workers, because you know how awful it feels to be on the receiving end of customers' verbal abuse.

9. You've learned a lot about budgeting, interest rates, payment deadlines, and smart decision-making when it comes to money.

10. You thoroughly enjoy what little sleep you can come across.

11. You learn the importance of quality over quantity when it comes to friendships. You don't have a ton of time, and the friends who understand that you're always going to be a little busy, but still chose to stick around, are the ones you want around for life.