10 Things I Don't Have Time For in 2017

10 Things I Don't Have Time For in 2017

Ain't nobody got time for that didn't end in 2012.

1787
10 Things I Don't Have Time For in 2017

I'd like to think that I'm generally a pretty nice person, but there comes a time in your life when you can't take anymore sh*t from people. For a lot of my life, I have been walked all over because I didn't know how to say no. But I've learned (the hard way) how to say no and I have learned to tell people when they've hurt me. It is a skill that is difficult to learn, but I think it is one everyone should learn. Last year was a strange year, and I did not take care of myself mentally, emotionally, or physically as well as I should have. But as I mentioned in previous articles, I also learned a lot from my mistakes and experiences. So I thought I'd share them with you all. Let's begin:

1. I don't have time for people who don't have time for me.

Simple as that. If you are not going to put in the effort to be my friend/boyfriend/etc, then I should not waste my time.

2. I don't have time trying to be someone I'm not.

It's a waste of time for all of us and in the end, I'm unhappy. Being yourself is one of the best things you can do.

3. I don't have time for games.

Especially in romantic relationships. Someone always ends up getting hurt, and I'm tired of the lies.

4. I don't have time to worry about whether or not I'm ever going to find someone.

I will when the time is right, and so will you.

5. I don't have time for people who are going to give up on me.

To be honest, I know I'm worth it and it's your loss.

6. I don't have time for people who don't text me back.

I get it, you get busy. But when you open snaps, post Instagrams and still don't reply? That's just rude in my opinion.

7. I don't have time for worrying about whether or not I'm good enough.

I'm nowhere near perfect, and I have tons of flaws, but at the end of the day, I know my worth. I know I'm good enough. And you should know that you're good enough too.

8. I don't have time to dress for boys.

Sorry, gentlemen, but we dress for ourselves. We dress to feel beautiful.

9. I don't have time trying to be perfect.

Because that's impossible. I can't be the "perfect girlfriend" or have the "perfect body". No one can. I have now chosen to accept my flaws because they are what make me perfectly imperfect.

10. I no longer have time for people who don't care about me.

I am not going to try to make someone care when it's obvious they don't.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F01%2F08%2F636194366761599006-105528363_e65.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=803&h=118a557c7235888e396935eef0f2cbbba41e090779df61e7320bf0271858388f&size=980x&c=3129511057 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F01%252F08%252F636194366761599006-105528363_e65.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D803%26h%3D118a557c7235888e396935eef0f2cbbba41e090779df61e7320bf0271858388f%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3129511057%22%7D" expand=1]

This year, I have chosen to be selfish. I have chosen to focus on me. I am going to become the best version of myself, because you cannot love anyone else fully unless you learn to fully love yourself. To those who do care about me, I would do anything to make them happy, and support them during their most trying of times. But all relationships--romantic, platonic, you name it--take two to tango. No relationship can thrive one sided. And I think that is the most important lesson I learned in 2016.

XOXO, T