Everything I Did After Oral Surgery

24 Things That I Did In The First 24 Hours After My Oral Surgery Instead Of Being Productive

Because who needs to do things when it's summer?

152
Lucia Wang

This is exactly what it sounds like. I got oral surgery on Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. — real convenient timing considering I had a final Monday and also moved out of my dorm — but I had no choice. So I decided to record what I did in the 24 hours after I got my teeth pulled, and here it is.

1. Choked on water while trying to take Advil

Look, my entire mouth was numb, okay?

2. Rewatched "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" for the 14th time

The entire audience: *GASP*

3. Wished my friends luck on their last final exams

May the spirit of Steve Rogers be with you today.

4. Printed out a return label for my rental textbook

Shout out to Amazon for giving me half off a textbook!!

5. Watched TikToks for 2 hours

Am I ashamed? Maybe a little.

6. Tried to check my grades but my internet was down

Like, what am I supposed to do now?

7. Tried to make my own TikTok but gave up

Me trying to film my own video (unsuccessfully).

8. Ate a mushed banana, but it took really long because my mouth was numb

Fun fact, bananas are one of my favorite fruits.

9. Unloaded some boxes from the car

Be careful with those fridges, y'all!

10. Avoided actually unpacking those boxes

It's fine, those boxes are just everything I brought home from school, but I don't need to unpack them...

11. Checked my email and realized I got one from my professor

This was not the content of the email, but I wish it were :/

12. Realized that summer classes start in a week

I don't wanna go back to school!!

13. Freaked out and rummaged around for my old notes

Chemistry will NOT become the death of me.

14. Calmed down when I realized the pre-assignment wasn't due for 2 weeks

That feeling of relief is unparalleled.

15. Ate a popsicle

Mmm. Love a good pineapple popsicle.

16. Finished the TikTok I had started earlier

vm.tiktok.com

(Here it is, if you wanted to watch it)

17. Stopped putting gauze in my mouth

I was finally free.

18. Rinsed my mouth out

(My mouth was so numb that I couldn't even do this)

19. Ate some rice and mashed potatoes, slowly

At this point I wasn't chewing, just taking really small bites and swallowing them as fast as I could.

20. Binged the Try Guys for a few hours

They're too entertaining to dislike!

21. Rinsed my mouth out again!

Me accidentally drooling all over myself because I can't feel my mouth :(

22. Brushed my teeth as carefully as possible

Gotta keep up that good oral hygiene!!!!

23. Read a bit before bed

Reading for leisure > Reading for school

24. Went to bed at 10:30

Earliest I've slept all year.

Honestly, my day wasn't that productive. But this was a good way to reflect on what I do in a typical day when I don't have any obligations. I apparently watch a lot of videos and get stressed about things that aren't happening yet. Maybe I should start some new hobbies, like knitting or Pilates or something. There's a world of things I haven't done out there!