This is exactly what it sounds like. I got oral surgery on Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. — real convenient timing considering I had a final Monday and also moved out of my dorm — but I had no choice. So I decided to record what I did in the 24 hours after I got my teeth pulled, and here it is.
1. Choked on water while trying to take AdvilGiphy
Look, my entire mouth was numb, okay?
2. Rewatched "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" for the 14th timeGiphy
The entire audience: *GASP*
3. Wished my friends luck on their last final examsGiphy
May the spirit of Steve Rogers be with you today.
4. Printed out a return label for my rental textbookGiphy
Shout out to Amazon for giving me half off a textbook!!
5. Watched TikToks for 2 hoursGiphy
Am I ashamed? Maybe a little.
6. Tried to check my grades but my internet was downGiphy
Like, what am I supposed to do now?
7. Tried to make my own TikTok but gave upGiphy
Me trying to film my own video (unsuccessfully).
8. Ate a mushed banana, but it took really long because my mouth was numbGiphy
Fun fact, bananas are one of my favorite fruits.
9. Unloaded some boxes from the carGiphy
Be careful with those fridges, y'all!
10. Avoided actually unpacking those boxesGiphy
It's fine, those boxes are just everything I brought home from school, but I don't need to unpack them...
11. Checked my email and realized I got one from my professorGiphy
This was not the content of the email, but I wish it were :/
12. Realized that summer classes start in a weekGiphy
I don't wanna go back to school!!
13. Freaked out and rummaged around for my old notesGiphy
Chemistry will NOT become the death of me.
14. Calmed down when I realized the pre-assignment wasn't due for 2 weeksGiphy
That feeling of relief is unparalleled.
15. Ate a popsicleGiphy
Mmm. Love a good pineapple popsicle.
16. Finished the TikTok I had started earlier
(Here it is, if you wanted to watch it)
17. Stopped putting gauze in my mouthGiphy
I was finally free.
18. Rinsed my mouth outGiphy
(My mouth was so numb that I couldn't even do this)
19. Ate some rice and mashed potatoes, slowlyGiphy
At this point I wasn't chewing, just taking really small bites and swallowing them as fast as I could.
20. Binged the Try Guys for a few hoursGiphy
They're too entertaining to dislike!
21. Rinsed my mouth out again!Giphy
Me accidentally drooling all over myself because I can't feel my mouth :(
22. Brushed my teeth as carefully as possibleGiphy
Gotta keep up that good oral hygiene!!!!
23. Read a bit before bedGiphy
Reading for leisure > Reading for school
24. Went to bed at 10:30Giphy
Earliest I've slept all year.
Honestly, my day wasn't that productive. But this was a good way to reflect on what I do in a typical day when I don't have any obligations. I apparently watch a lot of videos and get stressed about things that aren't happening yet. Maybe I should start some new hobbies, like knitting or Pilates or something. There's a world of things I haven't done out there!