Things To Do Before You Turn 25

Things To Do Before You Turn 25

108
Things To Do Before You Turn 25
Deepak Bardhan

We are in a culture of competition. Almost everything around us is competition. We are forced to pursue virtues and talents which are not exactly meant for us, just for the sake of having a feeling of being superior to the other person. While running this race of life, we often fail to acknowledge the true factor inside us. Once we appreciate and know our original potential we can create and update ourselves to the people we are supposed to be. Here is a small list of things which are worth applying in your lifetime in order to be successful in the long run.

1. Make Time!

Time is the same for all and we might think that life will get easier after my graduation or after I get a job. But believe me, you will only get busier and will end up not having time for other things in life. Cultivate a habit of trying to make time for particular activities. Stick to this character, it’ll help you a lot in the long run.

2. Upgrade your Hobbies!

This summer I worked for a person who was a millionaire! When asked how this happened. He said, he “upgraded his hobby.” When he saw he was making good money through his hobby he stuck to it. And boy he loves every bit of his work! You never know, you could make a career out of your hobby!

3. Learn to appreciate more, Criticize less.

By the time you’re in your 20s, you may be youth leaders, co-workers, assistants, etc. In this period, learn to appreciate people for who they there. Step away from your teenage years of criticizing or finding faults in people around you.

4. Travel as much as you can.

Roam around or travel to places as much as you can. If you're broke, get your bike, go to a nearby town, go hiking, climbing, anything! Just get out of your house often.

5. Create your own website/blog.

Try to expose yourself to the world in an official way. Other forms of social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc are good but, it’s even better if you have any sort of website/blog of your own.

6. Start saving money.

Specifically, retirement money. Learn to save money for your long term goals. Saving up for retirement could look a little early but, the sooner you start saving, the more you’ll appreciate yourself in the future.

7. Let go of some friends.

You may not remain friends with some people. This is normal, People change, priorities change, just go with the flow. Let go of grudges or hard feelings. But, keep in mind what you learn from them. Remember, there is a reason behind every person you meet!

8. Compliment Sincerely.

Do not just compliment people just to make them fond of you. It's good to know the fact that everybody loves to be appreciated and complimented. But, keep in mind, be sincere and truthful with your compliments.

9. Be aware about the politics of your Nation.

Try to vote and be open to the government activities in the country. The future of the country is in your hands. Learn to be wise and aware at a young age.

10. Stay in a different continent for some time.

Travel and stay in some different cultural surroundings for a period of time. It could be a study abroad program, a mission trip or a solo adventure. Nuff said, Thank me later!

11. Overcome your adrenal fears.

Try an adrenal sport! Go skydiving, scuba diving, open rock climbing, paragliding, etc. Do it at least once just for the heck of it.

12. Stay connected to bromance.

Keep in touch with your high school or college besties. Be sincere and have a carefree attitude. Kudos if you're willing to take a bullet for them.

13. Respect yourself.

Love and care for yourself mentally, physically and spiritually. Remember the first step to earn respect is to respect yourself.

14. Do something really crazy.

Try doing something crazy like walking on the street with your favorite superhero costume or getting so drunk that you do not remember anything the next day. Do karaoke in clubs or events often, break the speed limit or go for a hearing! I know it sounds pretty stupid. But, one day you’ll look back to this day with a smile on your face. The crazier the better. Just don’t kill somebody!

15. Become friends with older people.

Have a friend circle with mature/old people who are in their 40s, 50s or even 90s! Have fun conversations, understand their lifestyle, help them with small errands, etc. This will not only make you understand the society, but will also help you develop your maturity.

16. Try to babysit kids of different ages.

It helps you understand the effect of the developing world through the mindset of children. You develop a character of caring in your lifestyle. The child is dependent on you, which awakens a responsibility in you. In the future, you just don’t want to raise your child by reading a book!

17. Learn to live alone.

After teenage years most youngsters find it difficult to survive without their friend circle. This is when Mom and Dad become more precious. In this period of time, learn to live on your own. Go on solo adventures, road trips, learn to cook, try to be stable with your lifestyle.

18. Get engaged!

This might sound ridiculous to some but, if you found your soulmate put a ring on her! Well, if you truly want to be with this person, age shouldn’t be a problem. Just make sure you're up for it. It isn’t a piece of cake.