Things All Ralph's Workers Know To Be True

Not just that java chip is the best flavor!

99
Karmin Kusine Tour

Ralph's is the ultimate summer hot spot for those living in the New York/New Jersey area. This summer, I began working out of a Ralph's on Long Island. While I've been sucking down Blue Hawaii smoothies since I was in preschool, working there has given me a whole new perspective on the company and the tasty treats. Here are a few things that all Ralph's workers know to be true.

1. NSA ices are the bane of our existence.

For those who don't know NSA stands for: no sugar added and without a doubt the hardest thing to scoop in the entire store. When somebody orders a pint of NSA lemon, chances are we're secretly crying inside.

2. We don't get unlimited free ices.

I know that each location differs, but at my store, we are allowed one free small ice during our shift; after that, we have to pay for everything else. Nothing is more annoying than having your friends constantly text you to bring them free ices after your shift.

3. Our soft serve is bomb.

Before working at Ralph's, I never even knew they sold soft serve ice cream. Now, I like it even better than some of our ices and i'm honestly surprised it's not as popular.

4. Twister Tuesdays are nuts.

Every Tuesday, our Twister's (which is any flavor Italian ice served in between any flavor of soft serve) are buy one get one free. Chances are, the line is going to be around the block that night.

5. Blackberry cheesecake and berry burst are the most irrelevant flavors.

Some of the girls I work with have been there for three years, and have never had a customer order those two flavors.

6. It's the perfect summer job.

Even with the dried ice cream stains constantly up my arm, and the far superior right muscle, I wouldn't want to spend my summer doing anything else!