These 9 Artists Need To Release New Music Soon

I know it takes time, but seriously we can't wait.

804

Ed Sheeran released an amazing album a bit over two weeks ago, and it made me realize just how much I am in need of my favorite artists to release some new music. I've listened to their latest albums over 100 times, and am ready for something new; I want to see what they have planned out next. These are 9 artists that I am dying to hear new music from and you should keep an eye out for!

Lorde - "Melodramatic"

Lorde's second album is entitled "Melodramatic." Her first album "Pure Heroine" was a showstopper, with two big hits "Royals" and "Team" and was released in 2013. It was a stunning debut album that left us wanting more. Lorde has proven that she is not afraid to do her own thing. She takes risks and doesn't worry about what anyone else thinks of her. I love Lorde because she isn't afraid to be herself. She is so original and unlike anybody in the music industry today.

First Tastes: "Green Light" and "Liability"

Release Date: June 16th, 2017

Imagine Dragons

They have yet to release the title of their upcoming album or even a release date. Their last album, smoke + mirrors was released in 2015. Their last album only produced one hit "I Bet My Life," but their first album conquered the charts with songs like "It's Time," "Demons," and "Radioactive." The band has expressed that their third album will be an evolution from their previous two albums.

First Taste: "Believer"

Hozier

After a hit like "Take Me To Church" a lot is expected of his new album. He also wrote a song for the new live action "Tarzan" movie. Very little is known about when his next album will be out, or what it will contain. His self titled first album was out in 2014. Hozier's first album was great, but now I'm expecting even more from him.

Sam Smith

"In The Lonely Hour" was an amazing album. I bought it the day it came out, not even really knowing who he was. I am so happy that I made this decision, because since that day I have been in love with his voice! He said that he is going even deeper for this album. After having vocal cord surgery in 2015, he is going to have to do a killer job to ensure that he is not going away anytime soon. I am dying to hear his sophomore album.

Lana del Rey

Lana's fourth album "Honeymoon" was a disappointment in my opinion. It was nothing very special. I never even got excited for it. She recently released a new single, and it has got me dying to hear some new Lana music. I'm hoping for some new stuff like "Ultraviolence" or "Born to Die." Very little has been announced regarding the details of her next album.

First Taste: "Love"

Justin Timberlake

After his hit "Can't Stop The Feeling" for the movie "Trolls" I have become very excited to hear some new music from Timberlake. He has said that he is in no hurry to finish the album. To that I say "nooo please hurry!!" J.T. is a music genius with 10 Grammys racked up since leaving NSYNC. I can't wait for his new music, because his last song was phenomenal!

Melanie Martinez

Melanie Martinez has talked a lot about her next album that will be coming towards the end of the year and into 2018. Her next album remains from the perspective of Crybaby. She will be adding a visual piece to this album. After being played off as this innocent sweet young girl on "The Voice," she finally showed her true self in her album "Crybaby." I'm excited to see what comes next for one of the biggest "The Voice" ex-contestants.

Troye Sivan

Troye Sivan has yet to talk about his next album. "Blue Neighborhood" was amazing, and his storytelling was phenomenal. I am so excited to see what is next! The "Blue Neighborhood" trilogy music video is amazing. Will Troye Sivan jump on the bandwagon and make the album a visual art piece? I sure hope so.

Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minaj's third album "The Pinkprint" was released in 2014. Nicki has stated that she is working on new music, but no release date has been announced. She released three singles in one night, which indicates that there is probably an album being released soon. "The Pinkprint" was good, but nothing has been as good as her first album in my opinion. I'm excited to see what she brings next.

First Taste: "Regret in Your Tears", "No Frauds", "Changed It"

These artists need to hurry up and release some new music, because I'm in need of new options to listen to!