There Will Be A Day

There Will Be A Day

"There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears." Jeremy Camp

15
There Will Be A Day

Today as I was on my way back home a song I know all too well came on the radio. The song is There Will be a Day by Jeremy Camp. Most people just seem to think about this song as a comfort in the sense that they will get away from this world one day. I see it as more of a reunion.

Sure it is a comforting thought to think that there will be no more tears and no more fears. I'm not saying everyone believes that way. After all we all have the right to believe as we wish. I believe this way, because it is not only comforting, but I believe my God led me to feel this way. I feel as though he comforts me when I am hurting and I wouldn't be half the person I am without my beliefs.

I fall short of everything I am supposed to be. I am far from perfect, yet I am forgiven. I am hesitant to judge and I see people in my religion as entirely too judgemental. I fall short, but I hope to be able to attend that amazing reunion that I believe will take place. I am not saying, by any means, that anyone else's religion is not real, because we are entitled to our own beliefs and this is mine.

I lost my mother a few months ago. I lost my rock, my biggest fan. I lost everything that I had known my entire life. I lost my best friend.

I know that she is with my dad, but I miss her more than life. I miss her more and more each day she is away from me and I have a hole that cannot be filled by anyone else. I am split between a world of caring for a child and being a child. Life does go on and no matter how you feel you must pick yourself up and carry on.

I want to be the best mother to my child. I feel the longing I feel for my mother and I would never want her to feel that, but it is only because I was loved. I want to lie down for the last time good Lord willing surrounded by my family and think I lived the best life I could live. I loved with everything I had and my job on Earth is done.

I know that when I do pass away if it is slowly and peacefully and I know that I am going I will think of that reunion. I will literally run to my mom and hug her, because the longing is more than I can bear at times. I want to do all that I can while I am here, but I also want to know that I can run to my mom and feel her loving arms hug me once more. It is something I will long for the rest of my life.

I've had a very rough time and I've felt cheated losing both parents at such a young age. I have shook my fist and I've asked God why. I have looked at others who still have theirs and felt envious towards them and even hated them a little. I honestly feel it is unfair.

In saying all of that, I do know that there will be a reunion. I do know that there will be a day. I think of that day as the end of one journey and the beginning of another. I see it with all of my loved ones greeting me and I imagine how it must have felt for mom. I keep pushing forward and I smile when I think about it, because there will be a day.