The World Needs More Kindness
Self Love

The World Needs More Kindness

The smallest act of kindness could make the greatest impact.

872
The World Needs More Kindness
Brooke Tominey

It has become more common now to turn on the news, or scroll through social media and notice all of the violence and hate that is going on around the world. It is sad to witness and it should not be happening as frequently as it is. Between school shootings, people committing suicide, and simple acts of bullying, the world is a scary place. The turmoil is always broadcasted for everyone to see, but hardly ever any positive or kind moments that should be.

That is why I am a firm believer in being kind to everyone that you interact with. Even if you do not know them that well, don't judge a book by its cover. Just treat others the way you would want to be treated. Sure, sometimes the feelings are not reciprocated, but that shouldn't matter.

There are always going to be negative, rude, and hurtful people in the world. There is no way around it. However, you have the power to choose to be the better person in every situation and that is what counts in the long run.

Everywhere you look there is something terrible happening, which is why even just the smallest act of kindness could make a difference. It may even bring a smile to someone's face, who knows? And what a satisfying feeling that would be. I would want to be the highlight of someone's day over anything.

That is why I try to throw compliments around like confetti to people. Not because I feel like I HAVE to, it is simply because I WANT to. It makes me feel good being kind to others and I hope that other people feel the same.

If you want to join the journey on spreading more kindness around the world, I gladly challenge you. There are days when I wish I could be superwoman and solve everyone's problems and snap my fingers and everything would magically be okay, but that is not reality, sadly.

Instead, I just decide to be kind and courteous to everyone I come into contact with every day because I know at the end of the day I am a good-hearted person and I am making somewhat of a difference. I may not have discovered world-peace just yet, but if we all work together, I believe we can all make the world a better place to live in.