World Kindness Day Should Be Every Day

World Kindness Day Should Be Every Day

The things that we consider “random acts of kindness” should just be common acts of courtesy.

117
World Kindness Day Should Be Every Day
International Association of Jewish Free Loans

November 13 is World Kindness Day, something that should be celebrated every day because we need more kindness in this world.

The world has become an increasingly scary place. Every time you hear something on the news or scroll through social media, a new tragedy has struck, and the majority of these disasters are at the hand of another person. Just thinking about the evil that another human is capable of is absolutely sickening.

It makes you feel helpless, like the things you do don’t matter. But they do.

Even in a world full of calamity where it is difficult not to conform to the negativity that surrounds you, it’s necessary that you choose kindness because that is when the world is in the most desperate need of it.

The things that we consider “random acts of kindness” should just be common acts of courtesy. The smallest actions can make the day of someone else so much brighter, and every time you choose to be kind, you are making the world a better place. There are so many simple tasks you can do each day that really does brighten the world.

Some of the easiest things you can do that actually have an impact on another person’s day is hold the door open for someone, give out genuine compliments, offer your seat to someone on public transportation, smile at everyone you see, leave your waiter a generous tip, ask workers how they are before they as you, tell your family/friends that you love them, donate things you no longer use, forgive someone, or befriend someone new. All of these things are so simple, yet so rare.

These “small” gestures are capable of having a big effect on others. No, kindness won’t end war or stop world hunger, but it can boost the impact of change. We can’t change the world overnight, but we can create a domino effect of kindness that will positively impact our lives daily.

Don’t wait until you are so overcome by the tragedies of the world to be kind. Start your kindness now because this world needs more kindheartedness and love.