Thank you for inspiring me

To The Women Who Inspire Me

I wouldn't be the person I am without you.

2161

I've been inspired by some pretty incredible women in my life. Whether it be through personal relationships or history, all of these women have impacted my life in some shape or form. They've helped me realize that I am an independent and strong woman that is capable of achieving anything.

Here's to the women who have helped me to become the woman I am today.

1. To my mother

You're (quite literally) the reason I'm here today. You've consoled me through the worst times of my life and rejoiced with me through the best. You've changed my life and so many others with your quick wit, humor and wisdom. Thank you for answering the phone at the drop of a hat whenever I need you. There are not enough words to describe how blessed I am to be your daughter.

2. To my grandma

You've shown me the true definition of strength throughout my nineteen years of being your granddaughter. You've raised eight incredible children and have loved your twenty-two grandchildren with your whole heart. Your kindness, faithfulness to the Lord and spit-fire attitude have impacted my life in more ways than one.

3. To my small group

I am not exaggerating when I say that you three (plus a few more) have changed my life. Our discussions about scripture and Jesus' love became my favorite part of the week. At times where I didn't feel any of it, you guys have given me joy, peace and wisdom.

4. To Daisy Patton

You're one of the most self-less, faithful and caring people I've ever met. You've been there for me when my life came crashing down and when I didn't know what to do. You've consoled me with your wisdom and faithfulness to the Lord. We can spend months without seeing each other and it's like we were never separated. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to be your friend, Daisy Patton

5. To Catherine Hoffman

I remember the first time I met you. When we finally got a chance to talk, it was like I was talking to an old friend. Your infectious smile, personality and grace was exactly what I needed at that time in my life. Now, a year later as we go to the same school, you still make me smile every time I see you. The love you have for our God, your family and friends, and just about everything else inspires me daily.

6. To my pledge family

Both of you have inspired to me be kind, driven and passionate in whatever I do. I know both of you will go on after college and achieve incredible things. Thank you both for being you.

7. To my sorority sisters

As cliche as this sounds, I never thought I'd have 79 extra sisters that are there for me each and everyday. We are all so diverse but united under the fantastic sisterhood of Phi Mu. You ladies inspire me to become a better person in all aspects of my life, and I'll love you all forever.

8. To Madelyn Muncy

I feel like I sound like a broken record whenever I say that you inspire me, but Maddie it's SO true. Everything that you've gone through and overcame is something that still blows me away. You've impacted and changed so many people with your strength and vulnerability to share your story. I hope everyone you meet is just as impressed by you as I am,

9. To Eleanor Roosevelt

You were your husbands eyes and ears during his presidential terms and were an advocate for not just women's rights but also the rights of African-Americans. You even remained politically active after your husband was in office (honestly what couldn't you do?). You were a tried and true activist for all people. I remember being a junior in highschool and doing a report about you. I really didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started learning about you. I didn't know that you'd become the first woman to inspire me to chase my dreams and become whoever I wanted to be.

10. To Betty Friedan

You've changed so many peoples lives including mine by your book, The Feminist Mystique. You've revolutionized the word 'feminist' and heck, you even sparked a new wave of feminism. You changed the lives of ordinary housewives and inspired them to become doctors and lawyers. I wish you could see the women that are continuously inspired by you so many years after your book published (including myself).

11. To Ruth Bader Ginsburg

You were a true feminist because you fought all human rights. When men were telling you no you stood in their face and said yes. Your can-do attitude and determination are the reason we have discrimination laws today. Thank you for changing not just my life, but also the lives of so many others, RBG.

12. To the Women of Knock Down the House

I don't think I've cried more than I did while watching your documentary. AOC, you wholeheartedly inspired me to be and do more when it comes to politics. As you said 'it's not about left and right, it's about up and down'. You've truly encouraged me to become active when it comes to political and social issues. I can't wait to tell my daughters about this film and how it that changed my life.

13. To the women not mentioned above

Whether it be the girl that I see studying in the library 24/7 or the girl bosses making their way up the corporate ladder. It could be the friends, family, classmates and even strangers that have empowered me to be the best version of myself. I have noticed every one those little affirmations and words of strength.

To all of the women I have met in my life, thank you for being an unspoken inspiration.