It's all we do: play the waiting game and wait for something eventful to happen. Every minute of our lives is spent waiting for something. People love to say that it's time to stop waiting for things and go get them… well, technically most things we can't stop waiting for. When we are awake, so many of us are waiting to be able to go to sleep, and when we're asleep we're subconsciously waiting on our bodies to wake up. Let me prove how much waiting we humans actually do with these 40 things we don't always realize we are waiting on:
1. Waiting for your morning coffee to brew
And if you don't make your own coffee, you're probably waiting in line at Starbucks for your large cold brew.
2. Waiting on the shower water to get hot
3. Waiting on your car to warm up in the morning
4. Waiting on the work day to be OVER
5. Waiting on your leftovers for lunch to heat up in the microwave
6. Waiting on the World to Change
7. Waiting for that payday direct deposit to hit
8. Waiting for the rush hour traffic to pass on your way home
9. Waiting for dinner to cook
Or again, you find yourself in a drive-thru waiting for your order on the way home.
10. Waiting on wi-fi to connect/ internet to load
11. Waiting for answers
12. Waiting to grow up, graduate, and be independent
13. Waiting for 8 o'clock when all of the good TV shows come on
14. Waiting on your gas tank to fill up at the gas station.
15. Waiting for puberty to stop ruining your middle/high school life
16. Waiting to retire
17. Waiting to find your soulmate
18. Waiting for your baby to be born, take its first step, or speak its first word
19. Waiting for a topic idea for your Odyssey Article
20. Waiting for someone to leave the bathroom so you can finally GO.
21. Waiting for summer vacation
22. Waiting for professors to enter the grades you've been waiting on for 4 weeks
23. Waiting on a text back
24. Waiting to finally fall asleep at night.
25. Waiting for the previews to end at the movie theatre
26. Waiting for a parking spot to open up
27. Waiting on your washing machine/dryer to finish a cycle
28. Waiting in line at the supermarket for checkout
29. Waiting on our hair to grow after a bad cut
30. Waiting on Chance to FINALLY drop a new album.
31. Waiting on your phone to finish charging
32. Waiting to die
A little dark, I'll admit- but not wrong.