Stop Freaking Out About The New Bachelor Being A Virgin

Why People Should Stop Freaking Out About The New Bachelor Being A Virgin

We get it. Colton is a virgin. What's the big deal?

48

So, the premiere of ABC's "The Bachelor" just recently aired, and the amount of times that someone (either Chris Harrison or any of the 30 women) mentioned the fact that Colton is a virgin astounded me. I found myself actually rolling my eyes the more it was mentioned.

We get it. We had to deal with the drama and controversy surrounding this fact practically all during Becca's season of "The Bachelorette", and then round 2 on "Bachelor in Paradise". Enough is enough. The man is a virgin. Let's get over it and enjoy the already drama filled season without that unnecessary and annoying aspect added into it.

Hopefully these women can find something else about Colton to talk about and be interested in, or else this season will get really annoying really fast. If he decides to lose his virginity in the fantasy suites this season, good for him. If not, good for him. It doesn't matter. At least, it shouldn't, in terms of the viewers and women having expectations of Colton.

I understand these women are going into this looking for a husband in Colton, and physical intimacy is a huge part of that for many women. However, that doesn't mean he's any less of a man because he's made the decision to wait for who he feels is important enough to him to share that moment with.

This show isn't about hooking Colton up so that someone can claim the prize of being the one to take his virginity. It's his hope of finding love, and there's a lot more to love than just the physical aspect of it. Which is why I think we, as viewers, and the women dating him, need to let it go and actually worry about getting close to him emotionally above anything else.

The way that this premiere was portrayed, it makes it seem like the only thing that some of these women are interested in is taking Colton's virginity, or just making fun of it, in a sense, by questioning why he is a virgin. It's his decision, a conscious decision that he made. So why is he being judged for that? Just because the whole world now knows? Who cares?

Also, can I just say, it's also really not cool how the women of this season are claiming they can't believe that Colton is a virgin simply because he's so "hot". I'm pretty sure that being attractive doesn't automatically make you not a virgin. People make choices, and Colton just happened to make a different choice then, apparently, many other people his age have made.

I hope that this season lets go of this old aspect that they think makes the show more dramatic, but instead makes it annoying, because it's taking an issue that shouldn't be a big deal at all to us as viewers, and making it into a huge, dramatic deal. Colton has even been given the unofficial title of "The First Virgin Bachelor".

Why does that matter? In terms of him being the Bachelor, it shouldn't. Just let the man get his chance at finding love. Hopefully, these women will ease up a little throughout the season and let Colton be confident and comfortable in his own personal choices. If they truly want to get to know him and fall in love with him, they should trust that Colton can make the adult decision if he wants to lose his virginity this season and to whom.

Colton shouldn't at all feel pressured to lose his virginity just because he is a good looking man who is looking to marry. Nobody should ever feel pressured to make that big of a decision, especially when it's more of a choice that affects them personally, and not anyone around them.

Hopefully, this season, Colton finds a woman that can respect and understand that. Hopefully, we can all learn to respect and understand that people make their choices for their own reasons, and most of the time, it's none of our business.