The Very Best Shows to Strengthen Your Netflix Love

My top choices of shows anyone and everyone should watch on a rainy day, a winter day, a summer day or really any day for that matter.

12
Wikipedia

We all have a burning passion for Netflix, and we cannot thank the Gods enough for bringing such an incredible entity into our lives. And for any of you poor unfortunate souls who do not have a Netflix account, you’re missing out on the best thing in life, so I would recommend you go sign up this instant. You’ll thank me soon enough. Or you know, just hit me up and I’ll send my password your way (but don’t you dare change my most recently watched show; I’m in the middle of finding out the future of Ben and Leslie on "Parks and Rec" ... for the fourth time).

Regardless, whatever you’re doing in this very moment, stop and go watch Netflix (wait, finish reading this, and then go open Netflix).

Whether you’re in high school, college, buying a house, starting a family, going through a mid-life crisis, retired, whatever, the following shows (in no particular order) are a must for your future Netflix endeavors:

1. "Parks and Recreation"

I mentioned this earlier, but this is the show that I will forever and ever and ever recommend to everyone. Leslie Knope is the woman of your dreams, and she will make you believe that you are capable of anything you set your mind to, “you poetic land-mermaid,” you. Ben Wyatt will make you fall in love with nerds (as everyone usually does and should because nerds are the bomb diggity), and he’ll awaken your love for calzones. Ron Swanson will make you stop, want to go chop down some trees in the woods and grow a mustache. And you will soon realize that you relate to April Ludgate on a spiritual level because you hate people and everything, except for dogs. You love dogs.

If you’ve never seen this show, you are probably very confused at the moment. To change that, I would recommend to go and watch it; you’ll be hootin’ and hollerin’ and laughing up a storm soon enough. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll fall in love and you’ll wonder why you ever stepped foot outside because life is great when you stay in and watch "Parks and Rec" for the rest of your life.

2. "The Office" (U.S.)

Michael Scott is all you ever want to be as a boss and more. He even has a mug that says “World’s Best Boss,” so what more could you want from him or from life in general? He will soon be your everything. Dwight will teach you thousands of unorthodox lessons about both sales and beets. Jim and Pam will make you realize that true love actually exists and good things come to those who wait. And Angela will make you realize that men come and go, but cats will always love you.

Just like I said about "Parks and Rec," you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll fall in love and you’ll wish an office job could be as quirky and hilarious as this one.

And I know the U.S. show is based upon the original “The Office” from the U.K., but I have yet to see that one! I’ve heard it’s good, but for now, I’ll stick to my Michael and Toby spats, and I’ll watch the U.K. version someday soon.

And once you watch "Parks and Rec" and "The Office," you’ll be able to use a million new gifs and memes to spice up your everyday texts.

3. "House of Cards"

Drama, scandal, politics, southern drawl. Sounds like what’s happening in the political realm currently, but "House of Cards" is way more interesting to me, honestly. And Kevin Spacey is perfectly incredible and really puts the FU in Frank Underwood, and makes you think that being corrupt is actually a good thing.

Never in a million years would I think that I would ever like a show about politics, but I’m hooked and cannot wait for season 5 to come out in March 2017.

See, Frank gets it. We don't need sleep, we just need Netflix, right?

4. "New Girl"

Every time I watch "New Girl," I find more similarities with myself and Jess Day. She’s a goofball, she just wants everyone to be happy, she will randomly break into song and dance, she’s awkward and quirky. She just seems like my true spirit animal, and I can’t stay away from her quirkiness.

This show will make you realize that guys and girls can be friends and live together perfectly fine, with maybe only a few minimal issues here and there.

Jess will be the guiding light to show you all the ways of how to conquer guys, yourself, awkwardness and everything else in between, or better yet, she’ll definitely show you the ways of how not to conquer these things. We’ve all been there, and "New Girl" can get you through.

5. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

Kimmy Schmidt. Ah, what is there to say about the lovable Kimmy Schmidt? She’ll remind you of all those times you felt unhip and confused and awkward and out of place (in the best way possible of course!). She’ll remind you that we all don’t fit in in every single scenario of our life, but that it’s OK. It’s OK to be ourselves, to meet new people and to try new things (just be cautious, for sure, or you might end up in a bunker for 15 years). She’ll boost your spirits and remind you that we should never give up and to always, always, always embrace whatever it is in this life that makes us happy.

You’ll fall hard for her quirkiness, guaranteed.

And the last of my list that was in no particular order, whatsoever:

6. "Bob's Burgers"

If you want to get hooked on a hilarious show that generally has no overall plot except to make you laugh until you pee yourself, then get on it and watch Bob’s Burgers. And just why else should you watch this?

1. Linda is everything you want to be as a mom and more. She’s straightforward, quirky and even has some good puns:

“Nonsense of MOM-sense."

2. Tina is, for sure, everything you were as a teen. Awkward, weird, confused … everything.

“I’m no hero; I put my bra on one boob at a time like everyone else.”

“Dad, I need you to drop everything and shave my legs."

“Is it possible to be in love with 25 people at once?”

“If you need me I’ll be down here on the floor dying.”

“Just when I think I’m out, those cheeks pull me right back in.”

We’ve all been there Tina, and we’re here for you, girl. Now, let’s get out there and get you Jimmy Jr. once and for all.

3. Gene is your little slimy brother who gets on your nerves and pulls pranks on you, but you love him anyway. He’s the middle child, so we may forget him sometimes, but we shouldn’t because he’s absolutely incredibly hilarious,

“I’ve eaten nine birthday cakes, and I still feel empty.”

... and he just gets me.

4. And Louise. Oh Louise, the baby of the family who says exactly what you want to say in all situations. She’s tough, she’s weird, she may be psychotic, but she’s honest and that’s all that really matters, right?

Relatable Louise quotes.

And we can’t forget Bob, of course! The one that holds the whole family together. Without him, there is no restaurant, there is no show.

Now that I’ve spent hours of your life trying to understand just what I mean by any of these quotes, references or explanations that probably weren’t too great, get out there and explore the Netflix realm! And by get out there, I mean crawl back into bed, wrap yourself in a blanket like a burrito and watch Netflix for the rest of your life.