6 Upsides To Being A Boring Person

6 Upsides To Being A Boring Person

Why it's okay to be boring sometimes.

62
6 Upsides To Being A Boring Person
Odyssey

I am plain toast. I am vanilla pudding. I am high fiber cereal. In essence, I am boring. That doesn't mean I haven't done anything, but compared to my peers my life is much less dramatic and involve a lot more nights spent watching auteur French films. While there are some issues to this lifestyle being boring really isn't that bad.

1. Jeopardy

You learn a lot from watching Jeopardy and you will be surprised how much this comes in common. It also makes people think you are smart event though most of the questions on Jeopardy don't require you have a Ph.D., just a good memory for facts. You also have something to talk to your Grandmother about. To be fair, watching Jeopardy can get very intense if you have someone to watch it with and you treat it like "Highlander." THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE JEOPARDY CHAMPION!

2.Hobbies

You end up with some odd hobbies? For someone who never really does anything, I've accumulated an odd set of skills and hobbies and I'm not really sure how it happened. I grew up riding horses and ice skating, which are "cool" in a different way. You may not be the Fonz, but you could probably pass off as Richie, and Richie gets a screenwriting job in the end of "Happy Days" so maybe he is the better guy to be anyways.

3. Good Friend

People seem to think you are a good friend/person because you will listen to them complain about their own drama and issues. While I hope it is partly because I'm a fairly nice person it is also because I have no drama of my own that I am able to listen. I have to live vicariously through others in some way. You are also pretty good at giving rational advice cause you look past the more exciting emotional aspects of the problem.

4.Responsible

People also end up thinking you are responsible as well, even if you may not be. It's not that I deal with "things" well it's just that I don't have a lot of problems to deal with. The best way to solve a problem is not to have one in the first place.

5. Healthy

I don't really get sick that much, but I think it helps that I'm not out til 2 AM all the time, I only drink occasionally and eat semi-decently. Some people even have sleep schedules! (I'm working on that.) Being boring also means you are more likely to be stable, both emotionally and mentally, and stability will get you far in life and the job market.

6. Be Yourself

In the end, you should just be yourself. Whether that means you are a "boring" person or not, trying to force yourself to be more outgoing can be a huge drain at times. Embrace your inner bore and come watch some documentaries with me!