The 12 Types of Guys You See On Dating Apps

Dating apps are home to some of the weirdest groups, but we swipe nonetheless.

1003
https://unsplash.com/photos/rPzEQ7tTRr8

In a society ruled by technology, it is no wonder why apps for dating have taken over the dating scene. It is so easy nowadays to just look at someone's photos and swipe one way or the other based on first instinct. If you're lucky enough to match with someone, you may get a date out of it, or you may encounter these types of men:

1. The Half-Face

These men will have the maximum number of photos allowed on their profile, which is nice. However, they have taken the photos at an angle where only half of their face is visible. How are we supposed to know what you look like as a whole?

2. The Man Who Doesn't Own a Shirt

Listen, I am all for body positivity and self confidence. Honestly, I love it, but why do you have 7 pictures on your profile without a shirt? Do you own one or even a tank top?

3. The Catfish

Ah, the famous catfish; the people who pretend to be someone else in order to gain matches. Most of the time, these are the people who only have one photo and nothing in their bio, so they are easy to spot. Other times, it can be hard to spot one, so be careful who you match with!

4. The Memer

These are the men who probably have one photo of themselves and the rest are all memes. The can also be spotted by the line in their bio that says "Meme Lord." And if you match with the memer, they will ALWAYS supply you with new and up to date memes until you either love them or hate them. These profiles can also come in the form of a complete joke. For example, there have been profiles made for Jesus and the bio states him being a carpenter.

5. The Couple

This one is pretty self explanatory - just a couple looking for a third person. Sometimes they won't have photos together and you won't even know until you have matched with the man. Other times, they are very upfront and have photos, and their bio specifically says why they are on the app.

6. The Creep

Now imagine, you find this guy that is handsome, has a very intriguing bio, and is in a reasonable distance from you. You swipe right and see the words "It's a match" flash over your screen. You are so excited, until he starts to message you really creepy things. All the excitement goes into the drain and you end up having to block him and start all over again.

7. The "Add Me On..."

Nothing is more annoying than matching someone and the first thing they do is message you and say "add me on..." Well, hello to you too then. My day is going great, thanks for not asking.

8. The Observer

These men ride a fine line on being a creep - depending on how far they take the conversation - but the observer usually comes into the chat and immediately starts stating the obvious about your photos. It can be something as simple as "you have a dog" or something as rude and unwelcomes as "you have huge boobs." Yes, I know I have a dog, I take care of them every day and yes, I grew my boobs on my own so I am also aware of their existence. Thank you for reminding me.

9. The Friend

Though people use dating apps for a relationship, you sometimes find a friend through it. It obviously doesn't start out that way, but you find that you both are just closer as friends. These are valuable finds.

10. The Doctor

Obviously these men aren't real doctors, but are nicknamed that because after you match, they will message you once every few months; almost like a check up.

11. The Gentleman

Though it seems impossible to find him among the crowd, sometimes you run into the perfect man. He is charming, funny, sweet, tries to get to know you, and even wants to take you on a real date. These are the best finds on dating apps because they are genuinely interested in you and want to test your compatibility.

12. The Ghoster

And sometimes that perfect gentleman will ghost you. No reason, no goodbye. You go from talking all the time to never hearing back from him at all.

Dating apps are a very interesting invention. There are so many different types of people found on them that every swipe is a new surprise. Though there are more than 12 different categories for men on apps like Tinder, Bumble, Hily, and others, these are some of the more memorable types of men.