To The 12-Year-Old Me, You'll Be OK

To The 12-Year-Old Me, You'll Be OK

Better than OK, you’ll be amazing.

3286
To The 12-Year-Old Me, You'll Be OK
@jakkaiser/Instagram

I would ask how it’s going, but I already know how happy your life is going and I’m so glad you’re doing well.

There are some things I need to tell you about what you’re going to experience later in life.

By the end of the year, you’re going to lose someone very important to you.

It’s going to be the first time you’ve ever felt so much sadness.

You’re going to cry.

And you’re going to change.

A lot.

You’re going to fight the change, but ultimately, you’re going to lose.

You won’t be who you once were.

But trust me.

You’ll be OK.

Because the next year, you’re going to fall in love for the very first time!

You’ll feel whole again.

And then he’ll emotionally abuse you.

He’ll cheat on you.

This will be your first of many heartbreaks.

I wish I could say you’ll learn your lesson, but not yet.

You’ll get emotionally abused by way too many boyfriends than you ever could have imagined.

You’ll have your heart broken more times than Disney prepared you for.

But they did get one thing right.

Your prince will come.

You’ll be OK.

You’re so popular right now.

Everyone loves you and wants to be your friend.

In high school, that will change.

The people who you now call friends will turn on you,

They are going to bully you.

And it’s going to hurt, but...

You’ll be OK.

Of all the times you’ve been hurt by boys, bullies, or family, you’ll never be prepared for what happens when you turn 18.

You’re going to lose something that causes you more pain than anything in your life ever has.

It will cause you to grow and leave toxic people behind.

You’ll be OK.

Don’t let this discourage you.

Because through all the bad, there will be so much good.

You’ll be happier than you ever have been.

You’ll find the love of your life.

You’ll discover that your heart can hold more love than you could have ever imagined.

You’ll grow closer to your family.

You’ll go to college.

You’ll join a sorority.

You’ll go on adventures.

You’ll laugh.

You’ll smile.

And most importantly...

You’ll be better than OK...

You’ll be amazing.

With lots of love,

Your Future Self