The Top 3 NBA Scorers In 2017

The Top 3 NBA Scorers In 2017

As 2017 comes to an end, let's take a look at the top three scorers in the league.

95
The Top 3 NBA Scorers In 2017
TBN

Although it is December and 2017 is coming to an end, there's still much more NBA basketball to be played. The season has already been full of block-buster trades, the interpersonal drama between players, and action-packed highlights. With all-star break slowly creeping up, let's take a look at the top three scorers so far this season.

1. James Harden (32.0 PPG)

"The Beard" has been completely killing it this season, hands down. He is currently averaging 32 points per game, 9.5 assists per game, and 5.1 rebounds per game. This stat line is currently the best in the league, qualifying Harden for the MVP award.

The Houston Rockets are currently on an 11-game winning streak and number one in winning percentage with a 21-4 record behind Harden and his right-hand guard, Chris Paul. The superstar guard seems to be playing with a chip on his shoulder this year, ready to prove to the doubters that he's the best guard in the league. It will be exciting to see what these two hungry players will do in the playoffs in the talented Western Conference.

2. Giannis Antetokounmpo (29.8 PPG)

"The Greek Freak" has had a breakout year so far in the season. He is currently averaging 29.8 points per game, 10.4 rebounds per game, and 4.5 assists per game. Giannis is responsible for the Bucks' overall success this year since they haven't had a brag-worthy season in a long time. The Bucks are ranked number fourth in the East, allowing them to compete for the playoffs this year.

His youth and unique skill set have made him someone to watch in the league, drawing more attention to his teammates as well. As Giannis becomes more comfortable in the NBA, his game becomes more and more entertaining. He has already been highly regarded by some of the league's most elite and experienced players, showing he has what it takes to make it in the business.

3. LeBron James (28.2 PPG)

It is no surprise that "The King" is in the top three scoring leaders in the league right now. I mean, the guy is arguably the greatest player in the world. LeBron James is currently holding 28.2 points per game, 9.0 rebounds per game, and 8.2 assists per game. By almost averaging a triple-double this season, LeBron is in full beast mode. He plays almost 40 minutes a game and it seems as if he never runs out of energy, hustle, or the desire to win.

After losing Kyrie Irving in the off-season in a trade to the Boston Celtics, critics knew that LeBron would have to step up in order for the Cleveland Cavaliers to remain a superpower in the league and that is exactly what he has done. The Cavs are currently the second team in the Eastern Conference at 20-8. As he chases his fourth championship ring in the last ten years, it is clear that LeBron will stop at nothing until he is universally known as the best player the game has ever seen.