The Top 5 Winter Activities No Winter Break Is Complete Without
Winter Break

Seriously, don't miss out.

87
Devon Lee

Winter is my favorite season not only because I absolutely love the cold and snow, but also because of these fun winter activities that I look forward throughout the whole year.

So if you're not the biggest fan of the season, try these activities and maybe your mind will be changed.

1. Snowboarding, Skiing or Tubing 

Devon Lee

I have been snowboarding for the past nine years, and I am honestly so grateful to have had the opportunity to do so.

I mean, it's basically like sledding, but with a bit more danger, and besides, who doesn't love sledding?

I'm kidding, it's safer than that, calm down people.

But seriously, even though I have fallen on my ass and scorpioned, which is when you fall on your stomach and your snowboard comes very close to smacking your head, more times than I would like to admit, I look forward to going to the slopes every year.

If skiing or snowboarding does not seem enticing to you, tubing is always an option, too.

2. Ice Skating 

Ice skating is a super fun activity to do with a bunch of friends and/or family.

When I was younger, my siblings, cousins and I used to go to the rink several times during winter break.

Just remember to wear gloves. Don't ask questions.

3. Baking cookies 

Devon Lee

My younger sister is extremely artistic, so when we bake cookies, it's hardcore.

She makes a variety of different types, but I personally like it when she makes shortbread cookies that we can then decorate with royal icing.

Mine always turn out looking like shit, so we eat those, and display hers on the nice cookie stand but regardless of the looks, baking cookies always bring us together over the holidays.

4. Snowball fight 

Pexels.com

If you're in a climate where it snows a lot, this one is for you.

Now I'm not just talking about going outside and chucking snow at each other, oh no.

When my siblings and I have snowball fights, it's so much more than that. You have to build your own snow forts, make your snowball supply, create alliances. It is intense.

5. Blanket Forts

dearmax / Flickr

I know this may seem lame, but given the world of Pinterest, blanket forts are no longer just blanket forts.

They can be super nice and extremely cute. They are great to watch a movie in or just chill with friends and family.

Plus, what better way to bring people closer together than in a cozy fort of blankets?