15 Fun Activities To Do Over Winter Break

Catch up with your hometown friends over break with these ideas.

7275

It's almost the end of the semester—we made it! I know I for sure cannot wait to celebrate my favorite holiday and winter break. I am also ready for my hectic fall semester to be complete. Soon it will be a new semester with new classes and new faces. The best part of winter break is no homework or studying because you are finished with your classes, so you finally have some well-deserved time to relax. As much as I'm excited to go home and spend quality time with family and friends for the holidays, you can only do so much in your hometown, so have fun with it.

Here are 15 fun things you can do while you're back in your city over the long break!

1. Go out to the local bars or clubs

You might see your entire graduated high school class, but it's always fun to catch up and see familiar faces. Also, maybe there are some new places in town that you've never been to!

2. Go ice skating

It's a great workout and you'll have a great time even if you fall! Pro-tip: To warm up, get hot cocoa after—yum.

3. Attend a sporting event

If you live in a city with a professional sports team or even minor leagues, maybe attend a football game or a hockey game.

4. Have a gift exchange

Or an ugly sweater party! It's a fun night with friends. You get gifts, they get gifts, it's a win-win.

5. Have a holiday movie marathon

Santa Claus 1, 2, and 3... or any movie marathon because you finally have the time.

6. Plan your New Year's Eve

Get out your glitter and plan how to ring in the new year with your friends on NYE

7. Go sledding

You're never too old to sled, plus it's a great winter activity.

8. Bake holiday cookies

Decorate some Christmas cookies or try to be a chef with one of those Tasty videos.

9. Decorate your home

If your house isn't lit up yet, help your family decorate to get in the holiday mood. Play some Christmas music and make your tree dazzle.

10. Go skiing or snowboarding

Hit your favorite mountain with your friends with either your skis or board.

11. Catch up on your favorite shows

A perfect time to binge-watch the Netflix shows you've been too busy to catch up on. Netflix might ask you if you're still watching. Yes, of course, you are.

12. Wrap presents

Help wrap presents! Personally, I think wrapping is fun and it always puts a smile on my face thinking about the person's reaction receiving the gift.

13. Go to the Nutcracker

Or another play because they're exciting to watch and a great way to spend the evening. Even if nutcrackers give you the heebie-jeebies like me, it will still be entertaining and give you some Christmas cheer!

14. Make gingerbread houses

Decorate them with your pals, and have a contest for whoever's is the most extravagant.

15. Look at christmas lights

Drive around with some peppermint mochas and look at the twinkling lights to get in the holiday spirit.