In today's society, if you're under 5'5", you're considered short, but don't let being short bring you down!
There are so many perks of being short that many people may not think about. I am here to share my top ten perks of being short because I myself am short, so I completely understand!
10. No matter how old you are, you still look younger than your true age! (Well, until you hit 70...)
Even though it may seem annoying to be carded at every rated R movie or being carded for not looking like you're 21, cherish these moments! Think of being short as a feature of immortality.
9. You never have to complain or fight for legroom.
On planes and in cars, legroom is crucial...apparently...if you're taller than 5'6". We are fortunate to be the perfect size, so our legs won't ever get cramped!
8. You can fit into tight spaces tall people can't!
Not to mention you feel super flexible!
7. You don't have to duck whenever you walk into a room.
Ouch. Should've been a hobbit :)
6. Even if you lose five pounds, it will show drastically on your tiny figure!
5. No pair of heels will ever make you feel awkwardly out of place.
And the best part? They can be as tall as you want them!
4. You will be one of the last contestants of Limbo, if not the winner!
3. Some of the hottest ranked women are short!
Not every female celebrity is tall.
Take Megan Fox for example! In 2008, she was ranked #1 in the 2008 FHM list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World." She is only 5 foot 4.
In 2014, Demi Lovato was ranked #40 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list for 2014. She is only 5 foot 3½.
Other short celebrities include Carrie Underwood (5 foot 3), Kristin Chenoweth (4 foot 11), Jada Pinkett Smith (5 foot), Reese Witherspoon (5 foot 1½), Britney Spears (5 foot 4), and the list goes on...
Bottom line: you are not alone!
2. People will underestimate you, so use it to your advantage!
You won’t look serious or intimidating, so people may think they can walk all over you, and you won’t do anything about it. You have the upper hand in this situation because you know something they don’t: you can be serious, and you can be intimidating.
So show them what you got! This will cause them to stop automatically assuming things about others, who are short before they truly know.
1. If you let it, being short will keep you humble.
Being short comes with a lifelong guarantee of short jokes, and at a certain point, the jokes get old and tiresome. Don’t let the jokes get the better of you! Know that you are beautiful and there is no one else in the world like you. You are unique!