The Time I Met My Favorite Hockey Player

I never knew meeting my favorite hockey player could be so exciting.

62
Gannett

Like most Detroit Red Wings fans, I realized that Dylan Larkin was not just another rookie. He is beautiful, only 20 years old, and an amazing hockey player, what’s not to love? He quickly became one of my favorite Red Wings players. I had wanted to meet Dylan Larkin since he became a Detroit Red Wing. I never thought it would happen, until one day it did.

So last August my mom and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert at Ford Field. Being in downtown Detroit we knew there were going to be some well known people there. We were walking around between artists, and one of my friends sent me a picture of someone on Twitter saying Dylan Larkin was at the concert. Everyone knows how much I love him and knows how crazy it would be for me to meet him. I laughed to my mom saying that I wanted to find him, not thinking there was anyway I would actually be able to find him in that crowd of people.

Not even 10 minutes after I got that text, I saw him. I stopped my mom and pointed over to the customer service desk, “Mom, that is Dylan Larkin.” At first, she thought I was joking. When she realized I was freaking out, she knew it was really him. I wanted to go get a picture but I was shaking so bad I didn’t know what to do. My mom made me walk over, she knew I wouldn’t leave until I got a picture. It was extremely awkward, in that moment I felt like a very small child asking for something. But it wasn’t as scary as I thought, I asked for the picture, my mom took it, then we left. As we walked away, my mom started making fun of me because I was shaking and crying and so happy.

Randomly meeting your favorite hockey player is much more exciting than it being planning and waiting in a line for it. This was a very great experience, and something I will always remember.