The Symphony Of 2nd Semester

The Symphony Of 2nd Semester

I'm so tired.

8
The Symphony Of 2nd Semester
Allison Pericles

It all begins on a chilly January morning, the first day of 2nd semester. *Cue horror movie music.* A lot of things will happen during this five-month game of tug-of-war, but you know you'll come out on top. The key player of this semester is lack of motivation, which ultimately leads to everything else, almost like a domino effect. You procrastinate, you start on something and then..."Oh look, someone snapchatted me!" and then two hours later, you've finally completed your task, which really only should've taken 15 minutes. Of course, this makes for some very long nights, leading to a pair of raccoon eyes and the-largest-travel-mug-you-could-find-in-your-house full of some seriously strong coffee. These days add up, and your grades come down. You trade cute clothes and makeup for messy buns and big sweatshirts. With every passing moment goes a little bit of your energy your patience, and your sanity. And it's not just you. Your entire school has become a zombie movie. Just when you don't think it can get any worse, it does. Allergies. Now you're a sniffly, sneezing version of your 2nd semester self. You're sitting in class trying to pay attention through a pollen-induced fog. And then the allergies pass, but you're staring finals week in the face. But, before you know it, it's summer break. Hang in there everyone!