The Stuggles of Being a Knicks Fan

The Stuggles of Being a Knicks Fan

The Knicks have been on a run as of late.

146
The Stuggles of Being a Knicks Fan
Wendell Cruz

From a 0-3 start to the beginning of the season, I didn't know what to expect anymore from this team. I thought that even though we may be losing we'd end up getting a very high pick in the draft. I felt terrible for saying it because it may have seemed that I wasn't really supporting my team who were trying to show what they were made of on the court.

They proved me wrong. They went on a run of games in where they showed that they were more than capable with going up to the best of their abilities in every game that they played. I saw the confidence that they played with, in every layup, every shot and in every pass. The defense had taken its level up a notch. I can say that we need to up our defense on the 3 point line even to this day.

Kristaps Porzingis has been playing at such an MVP level so far this year and I don't see him regressing anytime soon. He's 22 for crying out loud. We have a bonafide start budding in front of us. The unicorn has been recognized due to his play after being labeled a bust by most when he was first drafted by the Knicks back in 2015.

Tim Hardaway Jr. was having one of his best seasons so far this year until he went down with an injury in November. He was producing at a phenomenal rate for the team as he was our 2nd leading scorer.

Enes Kanter has been a surprise and has really bolstered their offense when we needed it the most. He's the bulldog of our team. As of now, Enes has been one of the best offensive rebounders on the team with one of the best seasons with 3.4.

Courtney Lee has been a stud for us on both ends of the floor and has stepped up in place of THJ after his injury.

Franks offense has been coming into its own since the start of December. From what we've seen, Franks defense is already at a high level and has room to improve to say the least.

I can say this, there's always going to be something to work on but at the same time, I love the way that we're playing. The excitement to New York basketball has come back to MSG. They're still far from where they want to be but I can say that the Knicks are team to watch in the next upcoming year

It's really ironic that I wrote the struggles of being a Knicks fan because everything that I've listed have all been positive from the team. Every time I watch them I feel like they can battle any team that comes their way. Knicks fan till the day I die. #KnicksWay