The Struggles Of Being An Extroverted Introvert

242
in5d.com

Whether it's extroverted introvert or introverted extrovert, it all means the same: You are a fun and social person who enjoys being around others, yet you desperately need time to be by yourself and recharge.

If you're thinking "Yeah right, that's not even a real thing! You have to be one or the other," I'll let you in on a secret. It's a thing, a real thing. And, it's a struggle. You plain extroverts or plain introverts have it easy.

It's the biggest struggle in emotions and desires anyone could experience (a little dramatic, I know, but bare with me). Here are just a few things us extroverted introverts go through on a daily basis:

1. Being around people is enough to make us happy...

...because we can people-watch or enjoy their presence; so, don't think we hate you or are too shy to speak. We are just taking it all in and enjoying other people being at the center of the show every so often.

2. We LOVE one on one time rather than group hangouts...

...because it's more intimate and getting to know the deepest desires of your heart is way better than all the small talk. When we do get into a deep conversation, we want it to be meaningful. Even if you don't like deep talks, then we will be aware of it and be perfectly okay with going as deeply as you want.

3. We don't have a stable or set clique or group of friends.

We typically are friends with one or two people from different social groups and they make up our closest friends. We hold on to our friends so tightly, too, because we enjoy their company so much already!

4. Sometimes we just want to come home from a long day of being friendly and social, lay on our bed, and watch Netflix or read a book...alone.

And not talk to anyone! Texting, emailing and staying updated on everything gets exhausting.

5. We have to mentally prepare ourselves to socialize for big events...

But can execute our social skills on the spot, without anyone even noticing. We will always enjoy the conversation, either way.

6. We get lonely...

But we have to seriously weigh the options of leaving to go hang out with friends or staying in our cozy room and getting some stuff done, just relaxing, or reading a book. We fight with ourselves at least once a week because of this dilemma.

7. In most cases, it takes some serious convincing to get us to do things because we almost always would rather stay in and have alone time.

But, trust me, once we go, we have a great time, cut loose, and you would never have suspected we didn't really want to come.

8. We over-analyze everything...

We don't really think we could be a leader or a highly-respected person. We always think we can get better and do better. We think things like "What if they don't actually want me to come and are just being nice?" We start to come up with excuses and bad outcomes in order to convince ourselves that we should just stay home.

9. We want attention...

Sometimes we really want to be noticed, but this doesn't apply when presenting in front of a class. And sometimes we just want to be ignored and in our own worlds.

10. Everyone thinks we are flirty with everyone...

...especially of the opposite sex. We aren't (always)! We just want to deeply invest in those we talk with, and make them feel comfortable talking with us. Because if anyone knows how intimidating talking to people can be, it's us.

So, all you extroverted introverts out there, hang in there. Even though we can never decide what we want, at least content being entertained by ourselves, but we aren't socially awkward. If you think about it, we really have the best of both worlds :)