To The Stepdad Who Is So Much More

To The Stepdad Who Is So Much More

Thanks for choosing to love me.

30
To The Stepdad Who Is So Much More
peoplehouse

You didn't have to love me, you chose to and that makes you so special. When you began a relationship with my mom she and I were both very young, but you chose to love her anyways. You could have been terrified of stepping in to being a full time parent, but you chose to love me anyways. Not only did you choose to love me you chose to be my Dad. It takes very little to become a father, but it takes a whole lot to be a Dad.

Through my younger years you coached me in softball, basketball, and even helped me with cheer leading. You were there when I gained my first injury from softball because I forgot that the glove on my hand was meant for the ball. You coached me through how to dribble all the way to how to make a hook shot. As I got older you were there for my first bad grades, and my first presentations. All of the terrible Christmas plays I've been in, you sat and suffered through them because you're a great Dad. You have wiped my tears through the loss of friends and beloved pets. You are always there to protect me when a stupid boy is causing problems. You yelled in front of almost a thousand people at my graduation to show how much you love me.

I've never had to question your love for me and I thank you for that. Many children today have fathers who neglect or abuse them, I have a Dad who chose me. You didn't have to coach all those teams, or sit through all the plays. You didn't have to choose to marry into being a full time parent, but you did. I want you to know how grateful I am that you have been here for me all these years. Thank you for all of the daddy, daughter dates. Thank you for watching Parks and Rec. with me, and most of all thank you for choosing to love me even though it wasn't your job. I love you Dad.

I hope I'm at least half the parent you have been to me.

- Scooter