The Stages Of Valentine's Day As Told By Single Ladies

Not everyone gets a real-life fairytale on Valentine's Day

35
Bossip

Valentine’s Day is definitely one of the most dreaded days of the year for singles. Of course, many people in relationships also dread Valentine’s Day, but that’s another story. For those who are flying solo, the barrage of literature, greeting cards, flowers and even food offers a a 24 hour reminder that you don’t have a significant romantic relationship.

Let's get real: Valentine's Day is WAY more than nomming on chocolates and asking yourself how you got so lucky to be in love. Want the real story? Ask a single girl. These are the true stages of Valentine's Day, as told by single ladies (the ones who really get what's going on here).

1. There's never a better time to be single in the history of ever

You don't even realize you're being lulled into a false sense of security!

2. Suddenly you start seeing pink and red hearts in CVS

The Internet is blowing up about #ValentinesDay....Are we really going to do this now?

3. You're really good at hiding your thoughts on the matter.

JK, you couldn't keep quiet if your life depended on it.

4. Your confidence pumps into overdrive

Who needs love anyway? You've got your friends, Nutella and most importantly, Netflix.

5. …But then you realize everyone is making plans for the big day.

Best of all? They won't stop talking about it.

6. When they do finally take a breath, they ask you how you're feeling.

And you're like, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was coming down with a serious case of Single-itis. Thanks for checking on me every five minutes, guys! Super helpful!

7. You start to question everything

Will you be single forever? Is it a bad sign that you love looking at cat pictures? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

8. Why does this holiday even exist?!

Seriously! You get to express your love everyday. Does 1 day out of the other 364 dedicated to nothing but love make sense?

9. You decide it's time to take action

It's Friday night, and time is running out — the hunt for your Valentine is on!!

10. There are like 50 bajillion PDA couples in your way all night

Don't they know this bar is for singles only?! Makes me sick!

11. FINALLY, you spot some gorgeous man across the room

Now THAT'S the V-Day candy you were looking for!

12. …But then they speak.

Oh, right — that's why you wanted to be single in the first place, duh.

13. The big day arrives. Valentine's Day is here!

Singles Awareness Day has never been so real.

14. But wait it's not too late to celebrate Galentine's Day!

Okay so that was supposed to be yesterday, but you were busy hunting valentines, obviously.

15. What's so wrong with friends, Nutella and Netflix anyway?

TBH that sounds WAY better than romance, candlelight and uncomfortably tight date dresses.

16. You and your single besties proceed to watch chick flick after chick flick

Why didn't you think of this before?!

17. You're also defying all stereotypes by not eating Ben & Jerry's

You're definitely in the clear…LOL JK you've eaten a whole pint #sorrynotsorry.

18. You remember that tomorrow is just another day

! day when you can look at cat pictures again without feeling an impending sense of doom. And they're so freaking cute! Plus: CANDY IS MORE THAN HALF OFF!!! GRAB 'EM WHILE YOU CAN-DY!!

19. And then the realization hits: It'll be another year before happy couples can show off again.

Tomorrow, your single lady reign begins again!

20. So embrace the single life ladies!!

Happy Singles Awareness Day!!