It's that awkward moment of eye contact when you see this beautiful face that takes your breath away. You want to look away, but you can't because you're wrapped up in a fantasy of your potential lover sitting with you, watching Netflix and cuddling. You lose your breath as soon as he/she states a simple introduction...yep, you have a crush.
1. The First Look: It's that first time you gaze upon "the one" that sends your body into shock and makes you feel on top of the world. Physical attraction in today’s society is becoming one of the most important parts of a relationship. Granted, when you look at someone, you want to believe your crush will fall for you right there. In this case, you never know what could happen.
2. The First Few Words: That first time he/she talks to you. You can feel yourself unable to form words. Especially if the first time you talk, your crush is flattering you and giving you compliments. Then you get into the questions of what you like and dislike, funny stories with friends, the embarrassing stories you know your friends are going to tell. Either way, you feel this spark, this sensation of warmth running through your body. You never want to stop talking to that person.
3. When "The One" Touches You: There's the first awkward hug/handshake where you don't know which one he/she is going for, but it's funny to both of you. That warm feeling of the arm around you, secure and right as though it was meant to be there. In the middle of hugs, you never want to leave.
4. First Time He/She Says Your Name : Maybe this is a personal one, but hearing a guy/girl say your name just gives off this idea that you're already boyfriend and girlfriend. Waking up one morning and hearing "G ood morning *insert name here,* " something about that just sends this feeling of desire to hear it again and again.
5. College Standard: SCOWER THE DINING HALL TO FIND THEM ; All my college friends will understand that when you meet that cute guy at the party the night before, you will definitely search the entire dining hall for him.
6. Social Media Stalking: If you say you haven't, you're lying. We have all tried to find that cute guy/girl based off of a bad memory and a first name. Whether it's the sports rosters or your class page, we have all tried to find that mystery guy/girl.
So whether it's the classic route or the crazy route, we've all had crushes that send butterflies through our entire bodies. Crushes, big or small, happen at least a thousand times. Or it feels that way, at least. Anyway, if you have a crush on someone, please for the love of God, take action. As I said before, you never know what could happen!