The Space Amendment

The Space Amendment

How The United States Can Prevent International Conflict Sparked By Its Newly Proposed Space Corps.

The recent announcement that the United States proposed to create a new branch of the military known as the Space Corps marks a point in history that not only represents the first creation of a new military branch since 1947, it also marks the first military apparatus designed specifically for space. This potential of the militarization, and by extension weaponization, of space poses a threat to the rest of the world by violating the international treaties against the militarization of space; which threatens humanity itself by creating circumstances of self-destruction through technological advances driven by stupidity and ignorance. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world-0/space-us...

In anticipation of preventing any potential future that leads to international conflict driven by the militarization of space must be stopped as a means of ensuring national security. By doing any other measure, national security becomes immediately compromised. Therefore, a constitutional amendment prohibiting the weaponization of space, and ensure that all space oriented apparatuses, including the Space Corps, are designed for the preservation of the human species in an organized expansion into space. This amendment can be extended also to deal with the current violation of the Outer-Space Treaty (OST) occurring by US legislation (known as the SPACE Act of 2015) allowing for the privatization of astroids and other celestial bodies; the OST affirms that no nation or private individual can lay claim to any planet or celestial body beyond Earth. The notion of extending privatized perceptions of property into the infinity of the cosmos is beyond asinine and seeds only potential conflict of a pointless materialistic nature in the future. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPACE_Act_of_2015

We can continue to be foolishly narrowminded and willfully ignorant to the realities of the infinity of the cosmos; or we can wise up to acknowledging that militarizing and privatizing the cosmos is a fools gambit. It is a physical impossibility to rationally attempt to lay materialistic claim in a privatized format the infinite resource potential of the cosmos. A common critique of capitalism is that it is based on a notion of infinite growth; a critique largely attributed by the reality that capitalism has perpetuated the environmental destruction that has been occurring over the 20th and 21st century. The mismanagement and incompetency of this philosophy that privatizes the world into materialistic potential is shown to be hollow in philosophical rationality because the notion of legitimately controlling capital in manners that are comprehendible to an individual is impossible and one cannot calculate the impact that individual decisions create as actions ripple out into the depths of time. Collective decision-making in terms of economic management is the only capable methodology of organizing resources for the purpose of human civilization in a manner that can expand humanity beyond the limitations of our home planet.

The waste of time and energy through competitive decision making of nations and corporations seeking to gain material rights to resource rich astroids or the implementation of strategic weapons will not result in positive repercussions for our species. The collective efforts of our species, however, has the potential to expand into space in a responsible and rapidly efficient manner that can utilize the coordination of military organizing and planning; as well as the drive to gain access to resources beyond our planet that can help our civilization in a variety of matters, including populating other celestial bodies. It is time to wise up and utilize our technological capabilities to unify current human populations of all nationalities and utilize the fruits of our materialist advantages for the betterment of all.