The Zodiac Signs As Dog GIFs

The Zodiac Signs As Dog GIFs

Ever wondered what you look like as a dog?
463

Astrology is popular on social media today, several tumblr blogs and twitter accounts are dedicated to it. After seeing multiple posts, and one I find hilarious and slightly accurate, I'm writing this article because the numerous tumblr posts on representations of the sings are hilarious, and astrology is fascinating. Some people ask the bloggers what sign they should date, but some of my favorite posts have been the signs as various gifs. In this case, I'm using a post the user snowdiac created, and adding some of the stereotypes of the signs I've seen from other posts and websites.

Aquarius includes birthday from January 21 to February 19, and are represented by a water-bearer as their symbol. Traits of an aquarius are friendly, witty, humanitarian, loyal, unpredictable, inconsistent, and stubborn. A wide-range of interests and dislike of monotony motivates this sign to seek out new things such as intellectual stimuli, friends, or ways to change the world, but they are stubborn in their beliefs and it is hard to change their way of thinking. The are considered inconsistent because their feeling in the moment influences their behavior or performance in a situation. This gif somewhat represents aquarius in their unpredictable behavior, but I also included another dog gif that is supposed to show how stubborn slash determined they can be!

Pisces includes birthdays between February 20 to March 20, and their symbol is a fish. They are known for being compassionate, imaginative, accepting, idealistic, pessimistic, and lazy about things that they don't care about. If things don't turn out the way they expect, then they tend to look at the negative side of events. Also, they have high energy for short amounts of time, which is understandable, and so it makes sense they can be considered lazy when the subject or situation doesn't matter to them. The blogger chose this gif for pisces because of their idealistic trait; they keep going and going along with their expectations until reality hits them:

Aries is the first sign of the zodiac calendar, and includes birthdays from March 21 to April 20. The ram is the symbol of this sign, and they are independent, confident, impulsive, and short-tempered, but "their upbeat and magnetic personality often entices others to follow their lead and brings excitement into others' lives." I bet this dog saw this slinky and immediately wondered what it does, so he or she made the impulse decision to start playing with it. And the dog ended up like this, which I think is hilarious:

Taurus has birthdays between April 21 and May 21, and their symbol is the bull. They are ambitious, dependable, self-indulgent, and lazy when it comes to doing something they are not motivated to do. Ambition makes taurus very goal-oriented, and they will put in all their effort to get what they want, but failures and setbacks rarely affect them. Patience and dependability are fabulous traits to have in a friend or loved one, but their self-indulgence (as a result of being so goal-oriented) can lead to ignoring another's feelings. The blogger chose this gif to show that when Taurus are unmotivated to do something, they often will not do what someone asks, and are considered lazy:

Gemini has birthdays from May 22 to June 21, and is represented by their symbol of Twins, often shown as the Roman number two II. Traits are enthusiastic, witty and humorous, versatile, lack consistency, and are often labeled as superficial. The enthusiasm and lack of consistency go hand in hand in that Gemini are full of life and always seeking new things. Wit and humor come naturally with their spontaneity, and they can keep you entertained for hours. Versatility leads them to be open to divulge in new experiences and subjects that they consider exciting. The superficial trait comes from their (supposed) inability to pay attention to detail and express emotion. However, they often feel lots of emotions at once and cannot accurately express them. This gif shows the wit and humor of Gemini that will always keep you laughing:

Cancer includes birthdays from June 22 to July 21, and their symbol is the crab. They are faithful, loving, protective, clingy, and suspicious. Cancers are generous and deeply admire people close to them, and often are protective of loved ones and interests. Some think they show lots of emotion, but they often have trouble showing emotion even though they are sensitive. They are thought of as clingy because it is hard for them to let things go, and they are paranoid about people's intentions. This gif shows a dog with multiple treats in its mouth and looking a bit suspicious as to why his or her owners gave him or her so many treats:

Leo has birthdays between July 23 and August 22, and the lion is their symbol. Traits are energetic, loyal, straightforward, dominating, possessive, and impatient. Their energy spreads positive vibes and they are a loyal friend in that they will tell the truth by being frank. They like to be in control and get things done as soon as possible, so they often expect people to follow them and become anxious because of their impatience. Possessiveness is the result of sharing, not giving, they are very giving, but sharing can result in jealousy. This gif shows a puppy playing with a door stop, which illustrates Leo energetic:

Virgo has birthdays from August 22 to September 23, and their symbol is the virgin. They are known for being analytical, practical, trustworthy, meticulous, harsh, and judgmental. Their attention to detail goes hand in hand with their analytical and sometimes overcritical nature, and no imperfections will go unnoticed. Practicality means they are in touch with reality and do not live in a fantasy world, but their harsh bluntness can hurt loved ones. Virgo can also be judgmental as they pay close attention to details, in other words, they are perfectionists. This gif shows a dog holding his or her owner's hands while in a car, which illustrates both the trust yet also reassurance the dog needs (if I were this dog, I would be overanalyzing and thinking about getting shots at the vet when we might just be going to the park):

Libra includes birthdays from September 24 to October 23, and their symbol are scales of justice. They are charming, just, indecisive, tactful, and easily influenceable. Their charm acts an aid to being tactful as Libras like to get things done, but they would never use someone's emotions against them, as they are (too) good of a person to manipulate others. Their symbol accounts for their trait of justice, although they are easily influenceable by others' opinions, and as a result indecisive. This gif illustrates how libra take interest in random situations, and using charm to relate to another person, such as the owner of this dog making sound with a glass:

Scorpio has birthdays from October 24 to November 22, and a scorpion is their symbol. Traits are bravery, intuitive, faithful, jealous, and manipulative. They are ambitious and reach for the stars, and their intuition and bravery are a large part of making decisions and choices. In making tough decisions, they can be ruthless in that emotions will not hinder them although they are known for being sensitive. Having a Scorpio who trusts you guarantees faithfulness until they think you have betrayed them, or if you make them jealous as they are very possessive. They like to have things done their way, and are not scared to manipulate people to reach a goal or to persuade someone. This gif shows a dog exploring a great snowfall, something that I think is brave and makes me believe this dog is the first to venture into the snow, before his or her owner, to make sure things are safe:

Sagittarius has birthdays from November 23 to December 22 and their symbol is the archer or centaur. They are adventurous, straightforward, largehearted, impatient, and tactless. Being straightforward means they do not sugar coat the truth, which can sometimes make them tactless as they are too harsh towards others. They are generous and love helping others and making them comfortable. Adventure is always an option for them, and they can become impatient and restless in waiting to decide what to do for said adventure. This gif shows a dog jumping around excited for the adventure of going on a walk, and we can see that the dog is impatient for his or her owner to make the proposition:

Capricorn has birthdays from December 23 to January 20, and their symbol is the goat. They are ambitious, wise, patient, pessimistic, and moody. The traits ambitious and pessimistic somewhat intersect as they have big goals and put in their best efforts to achieve them, but they often think of themselves as underachievers. They are wise in that they are mature and sensible, and part of being ambitious is ensuring that they secure a future for themselves and their family. Patience allows Capricorn to appreciate that things take time to materialize and so their goals make take time, but they do not lose hope. They can be funny and witty at one moment and then grumpy at the next. This gif shows a dog driving a car while remaining calm and patient, let's say the drive is long and this dog is heading out to immediately start pursuing one of his or her goals:

Let me know what y'all think, and I highly suggest checking out the astrology blogs and twitter accounts, even for a good laugh.

Sources:

http://snowdiac.tumblr.com/post/122439016791/the-s...

http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zodiac-signs/aqu...

http://derptheastrology.tumblr.com/post/1232526998...

http://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/aries.action

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/zodiac-signs-and-me...