The Significance of a Cactus

The Significance of a Cactus

After all, true beauty comes from inside.

22109
Tumblr.com

This cute, small, and prickly cactus is a member of the plant family Cactaceae, a family consisting of about 1750 known species. The word "cactus" derives from Latin. kaktos, meaning spiny plant whose identity is not certain. A cactus actually symbolizes endurance as it is a plant that can really stand up to the test of time and the elements.

Uses For The Cactus Flower

A cactus is not considered the most breath taking of flowers due to its lack of physical beauty. However, it's real beauty originates from inside. The cactus' ability to endure harsh weather makes it a plant that can live in doors and out doors with little to none of the typical care taking that may be expected when purchasing a living organism. Making it a great plant to keep in your front yard year round.

Nopales are a healthy type of cacti that present a wide range of health benefits, such as its ability to assist in weight loss, prevent cancer, improve your skin, improve digestion, boost the immune system, build strong bones, cure insomnia, and reduce inflammation throughout the body. Nopales is a vegetable created from underdeveloped pear cactus. It is rich in copper, iron, fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and much more.

More information behind the Nopales provided here.

Symbolism Behind the Cactus

The beauty of the Cactus can really be captured more from its meaning rather than its physical expression. It's considered to be uninviting, and unable to show more than it's protective prickly cloak. However, it represents Enduring all things, no matter how painful or difficult, protection from danger and threats and finally warmth and care.

And so, would you consider yourself a cactus?

Take the test to see what kind of cactus you are here.