The Sad Truth Of Reality

The Sad Truth Of Reality

The sad truth of reality is undeniable, but it does not have to be accepted.

455
The Sad Truth Of Reality
Green Organic Cafe

A positive, prospective outlook on life can be ridiculed in an instant by the world in which we live in. It is as though the silver-lining does not exist anymore, only a darkness remains. The darkness, full of greed and gluttony, swallows any gleaming possibility of positivity. Hatred, selfishness, vengeance and ignorance overwhelm and drown any person brave enough to confront it. This is the sad truth of reality.

People, it seems, are no longer out to help the greater good. People are only working to improve their own lives, even when it is at the expense of someone else’s. People are trapped in a routine fueled by ignorance and fear; fear that if they do not act first, they will fall victim instead. People are introduced to leaders who barely have time for them or their needs, instead only following a selfish agenda to increase the popularity of their name. This popularity is not in terms of being well-liked, but instead of being well-known. This era can be marked as a time in which people would rather be well-known and feared than well-known and admired. Either option has its benefits and repercussions, but it seems as though only the repercussions have been publicly exemplified.

This is unacceptable. Our land is not to be lead by selfishness, fueled by fear and protected by violence. Our land is not a place in which we should be tearing down others in order to increase our own personal success.

Our land was built on fundamentals of hope and peace. We as a people need to rise by lifting others. We as a people need to look at the bigger picture, the greater good. We as a people need to scare away the darkness by presenting our own light. We as a people need to unite as one. We as a people need to respect and love each other, in spite of the differences that make each individual so unique. The uniqueness that has allowed our land to succeed and progress. The uniqueness that has lead our country to accept greatness, empower individuals, challenge preexisting notions. The uniqueness that has opened the walls of the mind and introduced color to a previously bleak picture.

The world is not the cliche illustration it is has been made out to be, but instead a place to explore and adventure. A place where opportunities exist. A place where lives are supposed to be lived in happiness and love. A place where we are to be brave in our existence, strong in our individuality, loved in our home. It is but a link to a greater hereafter, a brighter future. Differences should be celebrated. Ideas should be challenged. Homes should be made. Love should be found. Fear should be conquered. Lives should be lived.

The sad truth of reality remains, but it is not unchangeable. The sad truth of reality remains, but it is not untouchable. The sad truth of reality remains, but it will soon be challenged.