8 Reasons Why I Will Never Get Tired of 'Gilmore Girls'

"Where you lead, I will follow, anywhere"

50
Blogger.com

In my house, we have Netflix connected to our Wii, and it displays on the large screen in the living room. Every time I go to put on my show, my family groans or rolls their eyes at me (it's usually one or the other, sometimes it's a mixture) because I put on the same show, "Gilmore Girls." It's a show of a mother and daughter duo that contains quick-witted humor, clever one liners, and a mother daughter relationship that every girls wishes they could have. "Gilmore Girls" is a show that I will never get tired of, and here are the reasons why.

1. The town is amazing.

When you first watch the show it's seems a little strange. You meet this woman, Lorelai, who is a co-owner of a local inn, has a witty and sarcastic sense of humor and clearly has a coffee addiction. Then you're introduced to her daughter Rory who is a mini version of her, but is a book worm and seems to have her head screwed on a little bit more than her mother. They live in this magical little town called "Stars Hollow" that contains many personalities that make up the town. There are constant festivals and music shows that happen throughout the year, and weekly town meetings that occur where they discuss the "important" issues that happen throughout the week such as competition in farmer's markets, or certain couples dating. Even though the town has its quirks, it's a cute town and it's somewhere I'd love to live if I was ever given the chance.

2. Kirk.

As you watch the show you start to realize how much you love the characters, despite the fact that they may seem annoying at times. You learn to love everyone. There's one character on the show that I've learned to love: Kirk. He's pretty much "the town oddball". His actual job is not determined, but he's been a mail carrier, computer installer and flower delivery man. Even though he can be annoying to the townspeople and the viewers at times and can cause a lot of trouble, you learn to love Kirk and you start to meet people that remind you of him. You might even start to see him in yourself.

3. The catch phrases.

"Oy with the poodles already!" If I had a dollar for every time I said that catchphrase, and people looked at me like I had three heads, I'd be rich. Seriously. The catchphrases that are said on the show are memorable, and flat out hilarious.

4. You learn to love coffee.

Or you learn to love it more. I was seven when I first saw the show. I thought coffee was gross, but I wanted to be like the girls so much that I would try different things; I drank cappuccino, hot chocolate and lattes. I then learned about crazy flavors and creamer, forgot about not loving coffee and I got hooked. I now drink it every day, maybe not as much as the mother daughter duo, but I'm starting to get there.

5. The girls' eye candy.

Throughout the series both characters bring in very attractive looking guys that we all learn to love or hate. Whether it's Max, Dean, Luke, Jess, Logan or Chris, we all have our favorite and we all have the ones that we wouldn't mind if they never showed up again throughout the series (even though they do). As long as the girls are happy and enjoying life, so are we. But I have been and always will be Team Jess (sorry, Dean).

6. The drama.

You'd never think that in a town like Stars Hollow there would be so much drama, but there is. There have been arguments about relationships and town events. There have also been fake murders that have occurred and cars that have been driven through diners. The discussion of these dramas are usually discussed in the weekly town meetings, where someone (usually Luke) loses their temper and storms out.

7. Luke.

In the town, there's a diner that the girls always go to despite the time, weather, or how late they are running, Luke's is a must. They have the best coffee, and usually the best service. Luke is not only the owner of the diner, but he also plays the role as Rory's father, Lorelai's love interest. When I first started watching the show, I didn't really like Luke all that much. (Reminder, I was seven at the time.) As I got older and started to understand the show a bit better, I realized how great of a guy Luke is and I began to realize how much he reminds me of my dad. Everyone can use a guy like Luke in their lives. It takes a special type of guy to build you an ice skating rink in your backyard and push their annoying nephew into a lake.

8. Lorelai and Rory's relationship.

We all know that if it weren't for their relationship, there would be no reason for the show. (Gosh, that would be terrible. A world without GG? Never.) As I got older, I began to realize I see my mom and myself in Lorelai and Rory's relationship. Yes, we get into our arguments at times and we can annoy each other but my mom is my best friend. I honestly don't know what I'd ever do without her by my side, making me laugh and always being there for me.