The Real Reason I Write...

The Real Reason I Write...

I hoped others could relate, but I wrote that article to me...

9
http://susieyakowicz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/writer-605764_1280.jpg

Everyone has a passion. From the time that I could spell my name, I was writing stories and creating little books for my parents. I still have some of the stories I created. I couldn't spell the word "spring", but my passion was there.

My love for writing continued to grow throughout elementary school. In 7th grade, I took a required writing course with a teacher everyone hated. Yet, she loved me and I didn't mind her. The skills she taught me are skills I continue to use every single day. When I was about fourteen, I began writing non-fiction stories on my computer. I just recently looked back at them and they aren't half bad. Remind me, I want to get back into writing stories for fun, not for school.

Writing is the only section I excelled in on PSSAs and SATs. It just comes naturally to me. When I began writing for the Odyssey, I was thrilled to finally put my words out into the public. I know the Odyssey is supposed to be about discussion social issues, politics, and relatable topics, but I hate drama. I write for me, not to hurt feelings or to have my opinions bashed. Writing is my way of understanding my feelings. When I'm upset, I write. When I'm overjoyed, I write.

Sometimes I write articles about people or about my passions or about college, but the articles weren't written to those things- they were written to me. At the end of the day, I'll probably never be J.K Rowling. I don't write for fans, I write for me. Personal writing helps me to understand what I'm feeling and why I am feeling it. Fiction writing helps me to take myself to another place in order to cope with negative feelings.

When I sit down to write, I rarely plan. Yes I get writer's block, but once I start writing I usually can't stop. It just flows. Like right now, I'm writing so fast that my fingers hurt. I write from my heart and it just ends up on paper (or a computer), somehow. I hope one day to publish some books, but not to be a world wide name, just to have my passion in life be shared with others.

When I write, while I do write for me, I always hope others can relate. I want my writings to shed light on things that I'm passionate about and I want them to cause as little controversy as possible. Sometimes they do, but I remind myself once again, I write for me. I hoped others could relate, but I wrote that article to me.

Writing is a passion and I would never change who I am. Everyone has their way of escaping and understanding the world, and this is mine.