The Pumpkin Spice Take-Over

The Pumpkin Spice Take-Over

It's crazy how many pumpkin spice products you can find in a supermarket.

21
The Pumpkin Spice Take-Over
Julie Hernandez

In celebration of the fall season, I thought I would inform you all of some of the products available for those who love the taste of pumpkin spice. I found these items in local supermarkets around my college, and these can probably be found almost anywhere. I put these in order from most common to most interesting.

Pumpkin Spice Coffee

Pumpkin Spice Lattes have become a staple for fall. It could could be argued that Pumpkin Spice Lattes make their appearance again after autumn begins. Guess what? You can now make them at home!

Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix

There's pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin cookies, but pumpkin pancakes are truly divine especially if you add chocolate chips. As one who makes pancakes all the time, these I might actually make these. To me, pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to celebrate the autumn season on a Saturday morning. (The picture is making me hungry, and I can almost smell them.)

Pumpkin Spice Tea

If you're a tea drinker, this might be for you. Pumpkin Spice tea is relatively new. I mean I've never seen it before, but tea should be represented during fall too. I have had a tea with pumpkin in it, so I'm a little curious to find out how this tea tastes.

Pumpkin Spice Biscotti

I love biscotti! Always have, always will. This sounds and looks so good. If you are not into the Pumpkin Spice Latte fad, maybe a pumpkin spice biscotti is your dose of pumpkin and fall for the day. In a perfect world where I am not on a college student budget, I can picture myself sitting in front of a window watching the fiery leaves drift down from the limbs of a massive oak or maple tree with a coffee cup in hand. A hazelnut scent is coming from the cup, and right next to it is a pumpkin biscotti. I would take a bite into the biscotti, and the pumpkin spice flavor would fill my mouth.

But alas, I live in Southern California, where the leaves hardly change color, and pumpkin spice biscotti is not a necessity on my college budget. It was a great mental picture though.

Pumpkin Spice Snaps

A pumpkin spice take on a ginger snap? It seems like these would be good. If you did not know this already, ginger is actually one the spices in the now, oh so common Pumpkin Spice. It's natural for pumpkin to be paired with ginger, so I would give these a try.

Pumpkin Spice Meringues

I have meringues in so many different flavors, so I was a little surprised that I had never seen these before. If you're glute-free, this is a good option for you. Meringues are generally, though not always, made without gluten.

Pumpkin Spiced Cider

I'm guessing, its like apple cider but pumpkin cider. I really do not know what I feel about this drink. I think this would be better than the tea. My advice to you is -- if it looks good, try it!

Pumpkin Spice Mini Wheats

The pumpkin spice has taken over the cereal aisle too. Well done Mini Wheats, well done. This cereal looks tasty, and this was the only pumpkin spice cereal I saw in the store. I wonder how this will do with consumers. Would you buy this cereal?

Pumpkin Spice Twinkies

This pumpkin spice delicacy makes me laugh every time I look at this picture. I have seen the chocolate and deep fried Twinkies, but pumpkin spice? I think it was a smart decision on Hostess' part. I do not think I would buy these, but I definitely find this product interesting. Would you buy Pumpkin Spice Twinkies? If you want them buy them as soon as possible, because they are limited edition.

The idea for this article came to me one day when my roommate and I were buying groceries. I thought it was a little ridiculous of how many products had the label pumpkin spice on them. These products are only scratching the surface of the Pumpkin Spice Take Over. There are hundreds out there, you only need to look for them.

Pumpkin truly means fall for me. I realize that the pumpkin spice fad might be high-jacking fall, but I truly love pumpkin. Even before I tried pumpkin or pumpkin spice anything, my father, ever since I can remember, has called me Pumpkin as a term of endearment. I always thought it was only in pumpkin pie, but the first experience that I had with pumpkin was a pumpkin muffin as a Sunday school snack. Now, my pumpkin bread is known around my church and in my residence hall at college. I bring pumpkin bread and my capability to make it with me wherever I go.

With that. I would like to leave you with some cooking advice. If you cannot find the pumpkin spice product you want, the best thing to do would be to make it yourself. Supermarkets sell pumpkin spice in a container. If you cannot find that, then get yourself a can of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves and have fun experimenting in the kitchen.